RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010

Spinervals DVD's

Interested in these for winter training, but from what I've seen so far they look pretty expensive and the selection seems fairly vast. Anyone have suggestions on which one's are better than others? Anywhere to buy them online for less than $20 a pop?

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    I love em. Excellent way to maintain at least some of your base over the winter. Try Oneupusa.com. The price is pretty much the same all over. They're customer service and shipping are better than most though. Also check out optout DVDs. Only about 8 bucks each. Not as slickly done as Spinervals but a good workout all the same.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

cost

Quote Originally Posted by mmcycle10
    Interested in these for winter training, but from what I've seen so far they look pretty expensive and the selection seems fairly vast. Anyone have suggestions on which one's are better than others? Anywhere to buy them online for less than $20 a pop?

Thanks!
    I have never seen them under $20 as a standard price. I think you can get by with just a couple and rotate them to keep from getting too bored. Please keep in mind that Coach Troy is the devil incarnate, and takes great pleasure on inflicting pain and suffering on helpless cyclists. You really can't put a price on that. If you follow the workouts, you will get stronger.

Bacon!
    If you can afford it, get a multi-DVD pack. Also, the more realistic follow coach Troy around on real roads are a nice break from fixed trainer types. Either way, they are all good.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    get thesufferfest.com videos. WAYYY better - music, videos of pro cyclists, and great interval training. for the price of one Spinervals DVD, you can download 3 sufferfest videos.
    1. 2009 Black on Black Pinarello Prince (View)
    2. Working on 2009 White CAAD9

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Spinervals can frequently be found used on Amazon.com. That's where I get mine.
    Don't believe everything you think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Search on Craigslist too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    +1 to sufferfest.

WAY better than any other training videos. I have some spinervals and robbie's cycleops, and the sufferfest is better than all of them.

Cheaper too....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeharper123

. I have some spinervals and robbie's cycleops,.
    i like Robbie's series(speed,power,whatnot) and have some spinervals but have not tried the sufferfest's of which you speak... they are worth getting eh?