banned
    May 2010

Sportrack Bike Stacker = Thule 2 Bike storage stand?

Is this Sportrack Bike stacker identical to the Thule BSTK2 Bike storage stand?

I had my lbs order me the Thule BSTK2 and what came in was the Sportrack Bike Stacker. He says that Thule owns Sportrack? (T or F?) Are they identical products?

From TreeFortBikes.com: Sportrack Bike Stacker

From TreeFortBikes.com: Thule BSTK2

" The road side joker"
    Just by looking at the picture they look to be the same... is thair difference in the price? I would think the THULE would be a little more expensive.

Did the LBS charge you for the more expensive product but you receive the less expensive one?
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/146635
    (GET 15% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)

banned
    May 2010
    we agreed upon $86 for the Thule rack. Arrived from Thule (says lbs manager) was the Sportrack rack. I asked for discount, he won't give it.

Beetpull DeLite
    That's the same picture, with one of the logos photoshopped on. Maybe both of them. It looks identical to one we have at home from Nashbar.

banned
    May 2010
    do the bigger question is, Does Thule own Sportrack? Vice Versa? Or did they just buy a rack from the same factory?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyliner1004
    do the bigger question is, Does Thule own Sportrack? Vice Versa? Or did they just buy a rack from the same factory?
    Probably the later. I doubt Thule went through the trouble of designing something like that, since it isn't their primary product/market. I bet it is a generic piece that a number of different companies are slapping their names on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    86 is a smokin price, seems like they probably gave you a lower priced version of the same thing, most places I saw had that thule race at $110-120

RoadBikeReview Member
    Or you could get the XPORT Bikes Aloft 2 from Performance on sale for $69.99. Basically the same stand except in silver.

banned
    May 2010
    delete

banned
    May 2010
    went ahead and paid the $86 for the rack. i had already made the 1 hour drive out to the lbs for the rack. He kept saying Sportrack is now owned by Thule, but i doubt that's true. He did say that the rack (Sportrack model) came directly from Thule when he ordered it though. hmm...

If i were to order from nashbar i would've saved $15 or so, but i'd have to wait an extra 5 days for the rack. i'm fine with paying $3/day to get the rack early.

RoadBikeReview Member
    went ahead and paid the $86 for the rack. i had already made the 1 hour drive out to the lbs for the rack. He kept saying Sportrack is now owned by Thule, but i doubt that's true. He did say that the rack (Sportrack model) came directly from Thule when he ordered it though. hmm...

If i were to order from nashbar i would've saved $15 or so, but i'd have to wait an extra 5 days for the rack. i'm fine with paying $3/day to get the rack early.
    Why do you doubt it is true? That is an easily verifiable question. Call Thule and ask. Would you have saved $15 before or after shipping?

Also, aren't you in the city? Couldn't you find a Thule dealer in the city to get it for you?

n00bsauce
    Bigger answer:

Malmö, May 18, 2006 - Thule, the world leader in Sports Utility Transportation, announces the intent to acquire Brink International BV, Valley Industries and Sport*Rack Accessories, all subsidiaries of US based Advanced Accessory Systems (AAS). Brink and Valley are leading European and North American players for towbars while Canadian SportRack Accessories offers load carriers and rooftop boxes.

Google is your friend.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

banned
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krisdrum
    Why do you doubt it is true? That is an easily verifiable question. Call Thule and ask. Would you have saved $15 before or after shipping?

Also, aren't you in the city? Couldn't you find a Thule dealer in the city to get it for you?
    i would've saved $15 or so if i were to buy the generic from nashbar instead of the Sportrack one that i have now.
    My lbs is a Thule dealer, but he said that Thule = Sportrack and that the Sportrack rack came directly from Thule