RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Spyder Composites

Does anyone here have any experience with Spyder - they've had a frame of mine since mid December and I can't seem to get it (or any information) back from them.
    They were recommended by VN and that seemed good to me but now.......
    Any help would be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Did you call them? Their number is listed on their web site.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I recently had a frame repaired through Spyder. They did a good job on the repair, but I was not 100% impressed with the service. Same issue you are having now, my turn around time was Feb 29 (day I shipped) to May 31 (day I received frame back). If you would like to know about my experience in detail feel free to IM me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    I've been reluctant to call - I don't want to lose my temper, as I'm very frustrated.
    I know getting mad won't help.
    I'm sure there is a reason.
    I also think it should be known that the service is "less than stellar".
    I just wish I could get a straight answer (or any answer at this point).

RoadBikeReview Member
    From my experience it will take a number of calls and emails to make sure your frame is getting worked on. Keep on it even if he gives you a ship date, until you have an email with a tracking number. If you are unwilling to do that just ask for your frame to be returned.

I called Frank 5+ times and spoke to him about the progress of my frame, emailed him 9 times and received 4 replies to those emails.

Apr 18 - I was told my frame was done
    Calls and email were sent
    May 2 - I was billed for the work
    May 3 - I paid
    Calls and emails were sent
    May 21- I received tracking information

Pick up the phone and call Frank. Let him know how you are feeling and a time line on which you expect to receive your frame back. If he can't or won't meet that time line ask him to ship the broken frame back to you at his cost so you can send it to one of his competitors.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My frame came back perfect, but it did take a while. However, they did have mine over Thanksgiving and Christmas so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

That said, they did "forget to ship it out" for a week or so at the end once they were done with it.
    "It ain't a teacup that the Queen gave you - it's a bike. Ride it!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the replies. I will try a phone call.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Let me know how it turns out. I've had bikes with them for a few months as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Good luck, I sent my frame in in November 14, I was told the carbon work was done on 12/8. It took countless phone calls and emails before they finally shipped it back on 2/14. I was told over and over again that the frame was done and ready to be shipped.

They did great work, but seriously a pain to get the frame back. If it's going to take 2+ months to finish the frame tell me, don't tell me over and over again the frame is going to be shipped on monday.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    We had a frame with two cracks in a seat stay repaired there just a couple weeks ago. Turn-around time was under two weeks but we live close enough to drop off and pick up the frame in person. It did take a few calls to keep things on track; it seems Frank could use some front-office help. The repair work was first-rate, practically imperceptible, and strong, and the paint work, two colors and a decal, look perfect. The price was also very reasonable.

You should call and speak with Frank. Be the squeaky wheel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    They've had my frame for two months. I will never use their service again. Frank always tells he your frame will be done "this week". Then something comes up and it's next week, then the following week. Two months later is "this week" story again. He said it was a two week turn around time when I first emailed him. Don't believe anything he says. His word is worthless. If I would have read this before sending it in I would have gone somewhere else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser395 View Post
    Sorry to hear people are having problems with Spyder but we send most of our business to them and are happy with the repairs. This year alone I have sent through the shop over 15 frames and all have come back nice and most on time. Spyder dosn't charge for paint so we can't complain, the only problems we have had was with hard to match colors. The other reason we use Spyder is they are the only repair company that can inspect the frame, for a shop this is important. Many of the frames they have inspected had unseen damage the xray picked up, for us this is worth the wait it will save us time litigating a potential lawsuit when the frame fails. All of the other shops including Calfee either just sand the area or tap on the frame, tap on the frame??? Are you kidding me!
    I'm a bit confused by your post, you say you send your Frames to Spyder Composites, but when I sent my frame to them, the invoice came from an email matching your user name. Do you guys not repair the frames yourself and are just middle men?