RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

The story of Bruce Jennings

Has anyone watched the movie Dreamrider regarding the true story of Bruce Jenning's incredible ride across America with only the use of one leg? Powerful story, but a somewhat weak movie. I'm sure they could do a much better job on the story today. I was a little bummed out by him giving his bike away to a kid at the end of the movie. What a treasure to keep as a remembrance of such a journey. I wonder where that bike is today?
    "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you have to keep moving".

waterproof*
    Bruce Jenner is Kim Kardashian's step-dad. I did not know that.
    * not actually a Rock Star

RoadBikeReview Member
    Bruce Jenner or Bruce Jennings??

Regardless, I did not know that. Oh and I did not hear of the one-legged fellow doing RAAM. When did the movie air? (I assume it was a TV movie)
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

duh...
    lolol

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

RoadBikeReview Member
    On the other hand, Jenner is no slouch either, as he was Olympic Decathlon gold medalist and world record holder at one point.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride-Fly
    Bruce Jenner or Bruce Jennings??

Regardless, I did not know that. Oh and I did not hear of the one-legged fellow doing RAAM. When did the movie air? (I assume it was a TV movie)
    It's Bruce Jennings. He was just a high school football star who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident prior to graduation. He received encouragement from individuals in a rehab facility, from which he got the idea to cycle from California to Boston. He was not involved with RAAM. He did it on his own with no entourage and chase vehicles. It was just him, his bike, and his dog, and all done cycling with one leg. I don't know the date the movie aired. I watched it as a streaming video from Netflix. The acting was bad and the film of itself was poorly done. The cycling shots were short. One redeeming quality of the movie was James Earl Jones (The man with the golden voice).
    "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you have to keep moving".