Thread: Supergo gone?

RoadBikeReview Member

Supergo gone?

I know that Supergo is owned by Performance Bike. I've been trying to log onto their website all morning long with no sucess. I would think that if Performance changed them to Performance they would have anyone trying to access the site redirected. Does anybody know whats up with Supergo's website?
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

eminence grease
    It was announced shortly before the holidays that Performance was dissolving the brand and renaming it.

Odd though that they wouldn't use a re-director on the web site. Seems like the opportunity for lost sales to me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Supergo is gone, rolled into Nashbar. At least they took the website down. They had a coupon on the supergo homepage for Nashbar that had no expiration date on it and Nashbar still refused to honor it. Maybe they took the site down for maintenance to remove the coupon after I complained but it was only a referral page to the Nashbar site..

huge dork
    loads up now...

i did enjoy supergo's catalogs much better than performance's.. seems they had an actual designer on staff...
    The future will not belong to those who sit on the sidelines. The future will not belong to the cynics. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~ Sen. Paul Wellstone

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by regan
    loads up now...

i did enjoy supergo's catalogs much better than performance's.. seems they had an actual designer on staff...
    Their website was the pits, though. I used to use it as an example of an ecommerce site that you didn't want to emulate. So hard to navigate, and their search sucked a$$.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by terry b
    It was announced shortly before the holidays that Performance was dissolving the brand and renaming it.

Odd though that they wouldn't use a re-director on the web site. Seems like the opportunity for lost sales to me.

The site loads up fine for me with links to either Nashbar or Performance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well you haven't seen worse. I remember a few online stores used a website setup (maybe they bought the same software?) that had very detailed breakdown of products but won't allow you to view more generic groups.

For example, if you want to buy a seatpost for your new frame, you can't go to an "all road seatposts" page, you have to go to catalog, then components, then road bike parts, then seatposts, then non-suspension seatposts, then road seatposts, then Shimano/campy/fsa/deda/easton, etc., and then maybe more breakdown under each brand. So if you want to look at all road seatposts available from that store, you will have to click a couple hundred times. What's really annoying is that they often list every manufacturer there is, even though they don't carry them. So in the seatpost example, they could list 20 brands while actually only carry 5 brands, and you can't figure that out until you click open each brand. Some of these stores actually have very good prices, but navigating the website just wore me out and I went back to Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeboy389
    Their website was the pits, though. I used to use it as an example of an ecommerce site that you didn't want to emulate. So hard to navigate, and their search sucked a$$.

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by elviento
    Well you haven't seen worse. I remember a few online stores used a website setup (maybe they bought the same software?) that had very detailed breakdown of products but won't allow you to view more generic groups.

For example, if you want to buy a seatpost for your new frame, you can't go to an "all road seatposts" page, you have to go to catalog, then components, then road bike parts, then seatposts, then non-suspension seatposts, then road seatposts, then Shimano/campy/fsa/deda/easton, etc., and then maybe more breakdown under each brand. So if you want to look at all road seatposts available from that store, you will have to click a couple hundred times. What's really annoying is that they often list every manufacturer there is, even though they don't carry them. So in the seatpost example, they could list 20 brands while actually only carry 5 brands, and you can't figure that out until you click open each brand. Some of these stores actually have very good prices, but navigating the website just wore me out and I went back to Performance.
    There is certainly no shortage of really crummy ecommerce sites out there. I felt like Supergo was like what you describe--I could never get an overview of what they had in the way of, say, stems. I always had to go look at every individual stem.

It's not hard to do a site that's easy to use, but it can be hard to figure out what methods and categories to use. I find Performance to be OK, but I think Nashbar is better. Very simple--choose your category, and narrow by manufacturer any time you want--and when you're dealing with so many categories, it's nice to keep it simple. But this kind of method doesn't work for a site that's centered more on gift-giving, for example.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb