Thread: Tacx Bushido

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

Tacx Bushido

My New Toy, My Home Trainer!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tacx Bushido-1.jpg   Tacx Bushido-2.jpg   Tacx Bushido-3.jpg   Tacx Bushido-4.jpg   Tacx Bushido-5.jpg  

Tacx Bushido-6.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    How about a report? I saw this on PBK for almost $1200, wow!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I will get a chance to ride it soon, got it set up tonight, when finished it was almost midnight.

Loves to Suffer
    I have the Flow and love it. I like that you can select what power you want to ride at and the trainer will adjust tension automatically to keep you at the specified output. I did hear that the Flow with VR upgrade doesn't always work so great. For now I am very happy to be training with power/hr/cadence. Have fun and let us know how the Bushido is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipp0 View Post
    I did hear that the Flow with VR upgrade doesn't always work so great.
    I have a TACX Fortius Multiplayer. Good hardware. Their PC software ranks among the worst pieces of software I've ever seen. Their support is the only thing worse. Last TACX product I'll ever own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Bushido owner here. I agree the software is hit or miss. You can go to their forum www.tacx.com :: Index and get lots of help. Tacx support will get back to you but it takes a couple of days. I was also nervous about getting the Tacx after reading about the problems, glad I did. Do you have any videos? Just picked up the Arizona rides, have not done them yet maybe by the end of the week.

Enjoy your Bushido and check out the forum for some very good information. Manuals are definitely lacking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    No videos yet.

Thanks for linking the forum site.

BoilerMike
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteLoop View Post
    I have a TACX Fortius Multiplayer. Good hardware. Their PC software ranks among the worst pieces of software I've ever seen. Their support is the only thing worse. Last TACX product I'll ever own.
    How old is your Fortius? I am looking at Fortius or Bushido and I wonder if they have improved their software.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Latest version 3.5 I have not had any problems with. Rumor is they are testing V4. No idea when it will be available. WinXP seems to be where the problems are. Could not get my WinXP notebook to run properly so I upgraded to Win7 and a dedicated graphics card (not integrated) notebook and have not had any problems. I believe V4 will not support WinXP.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerMike View Post
    How old is your Fortius? I am looking at Fortius or Bushido and I wonder if they have improved their software.
    Christmas present last year. Up to date software. If the software worked as advertised I think it would be really enjoyable, but it doesn't. Many folks have said that theirs does work, but when you start asking about specific functions you start hearing a lot of "well, that doesn't work, but I don't use it anyway."

If it works for everything you want out of it, great, otherwise, buyer beware. I'd much rather have less functionality, but that is reliable and from a company that I trust can be relied on in the future. TACX very clearly ain't that company and hasn't been for at least a few years. I'd love to see them change.

Tomtom are only about 30 minutes away, maybe the two could get together and a bit of tomtom wear off on TACX.
    Last edited by InfiniteLoop; 10-10-2011 at 12:17 PM.