Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002

For Those That Have Multiple Biikes...

would you believe that someone has not one, not two , not three but 9 Cervelo Rca's?
    2016 Orbea Orca OMR w/Dura-Ace 9070 Di2, Zipp Aero SL70, Enve stem, Vision Tri-Max 35's, S-Works Carbon Power saddle, FSA Force SB32 seatpost, Sram XG1090 cassette, Look Keo Blade Ti's.
    15.9lbs

2013 Wilier Zero. 7 w/e-Tap, Zipp Aero SL70, Enve stem, S-Works carbon Power saddle, Red cranks w/Rotor "Quarbon"/Roval 50's, Ritchey Superlogic post, Look Keo Blade Ti's, Rotor Uno cassette, Red 22 brakes. 14.08lbs.

2016 Cervelo Rca, THM Clavicula cranks, AX Lightness stem, bar and seatpost.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Now that is going just way tooo farrrrrr!
    BANNED

Fecal indicator
    have never owned more than 2 bikes at the same time...

having a 'fleet' of bikes seems like a PITA.
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    The last three are still in their boxes.
    2016 Orbea Orca OMR w/Dura-Ace 9070 Di2, Zipp Aero SL70, Enve stem, Vision Tri-Max 35's, S-Works Carbon Power saddle, FSA Force SB32 seatpost, Sram XG1090 cassette, Look Keo Blade Ti's.
    15.9lbs

2013 Wilier Zero. 7 w/e-Tap, Zipp Aero SL70, Enve stem, S-Works carbon Power saddle, Red cranks w/Rotor "Quarbon"/Roval 50's, Ritchey Superlogic post, Look Keo Blade Ti's, Rotor Uno cassette, Red 22 brakes. 14.08lbs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    distinct lack of imagination. I mean there is a whole world of great bikes, I wanna have a variety of bikes, not 2+ of the same.

or he's reselling them maybe. some of these semi-sponsored athletes get bikes at a signif discount, and they fund their way by reselling them with small markup.. Or 'fell off a truck' lol

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a carbon bike and a Ti bike and all is good with the the world....(that is with my Dow hill Mtb, hard tail Mtb, Xbike, beach cruiser, commuter, pain cave and unicycle)

Forever a Student
    I would have picked one with better geometry.
    use a torque wrench

a real member's member
    three is the perfect number.

i have four.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
    would you believe that someone has not one, not two , not three but 9 Cervelo Rca's?
    Are they at least different colors? I get the multiple bikes thing (I have that disease) but all the same?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't see much wrong with 9 bikes but 9 Cervelo's? Meh.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    I don't see much wrong with 9 bikes but 9 Cervelo's? Meh.
    Somebody needs to stop bike shopping at Costco...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Are they at least different colors? I get the multiple bikes thing (I have that disease) but all the same?
    I've only seen one and it had a custom paint job that can't be duplicated. Did I mention that he's a Microsoft retiree?
    15.9lbs

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    distinct lack of imagination. I mean there is a whole world of great bikes, I wanna have a variety of bikes, not 2+ of the same.

or he's reselling them maybe. some of these semi-sponsored athletes get bikes at a signif discount, and they fund their way by reselling them with small markup.. Or 'fell off a truck' lol
    9 says to me either legit reseller (legit or knockoff) or thief. Shops get broken into and have lots of higher-dollar bikes stolen on occasion.

Someone selling 9 of the same frame...they'd better be a shop. Otherwise I'd suspect thievery or knockoff defraudery.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    I have 9 unique bikes but I'd say having 9 of the same might be a tad overkill.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    three is the perfect number.

i have four.
    Same here. Everyone ought to have a steel bike, a titanium bike and a carbon bike -- which is what I had -- until I fell in love with a baby blue Colnago Arabesque.

Otox -- Between my wife and I, we have 7 road bikes, and at times it is a PITA. I honestly think I'm at my limit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nine of the same bike sounds like either a personality disorder or larceny or both.

I have two bikes with little overlap between them. Having a spare works well for commuting. If I had the room and inclination I'd add a light, steel, fair weather toy; an e-bike; and, a decent folding bike.
    It's Mueller Time

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrac View Post
    Nine of the same bike sounds like either a personality disorder or larceny or both.
    ^This.^

If it's just a personality disorder, I guess it's no worse than collecting women's shoes.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    ^This.^

If it's just a personality disorder, I guess it's no worse than collecting women's shoes.
    I like this line of thinking. If all's I have to do is have less bikes than my wife has shoes I need to get buyin'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I like this line of thinking. If all's I have to do is have less bikes than my wife has shoes I need to get buyin'.

Bingo!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    LOL I have 7 all different all with a purpose and all road, when the wife says why I have so many bikes and want more as I can't ride them all at once I say the same thing, How many pairs of shoes do you have? Pipes her down, that being said she has 4 bikes of her own. ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Owned 3 and hated it. Two were ok but the other one was a mtb. Down to one bike now but I change it every year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    I have several bikes. Almost ashamed to say how many. They have accumulated over the years. I almost never sell an old bike.

My wife and I go back and forth between 2 residences so this a partial explanation, but the real reason is I like variety. None are exactly the same although there is some overlap

The deal I made with myself some time ago is that if a bike does not get at least 500 miles on, it will be sold or given away. My request when giving a Bike away is that it not be sold. If the new owner wants to upgrade, give it to someone else. One old Cannondale is now on it’s 4th owner

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I have about 15 ( all different) and decided I didn’t have room for any more and then this Cinelli Supercorsa came along ....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I used to own 150 bikes...then I sold the shop!

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    I own a bunch of vintage roadies.
    Each frame was manufactured in a different country (Austria, Belgium, England, France, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
    No two are the same color, or have the exact same components.

Variety is the spice.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast