RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

For those of you that would like to soup up your Trek 7200

I changed out my old factory tires that were 700X 35 to 700x28 slicks and put 100lbs air in the slicks and I cannot believe the difference it made. I check my air pressure now every time before I ride and make sure it’s at 100lbs before I ride. I think the combination of the slicks and inflated to100lbs really makes the difference. Before I would feel of the tires and if they felt they had enough air in them I would go on my ride. Come to find out the tires sometimes would have only 45lbs in them and it was just killlllllllling me. A LESSON LEARNED “KEEP YOUR TIRES AIRED UP”

RoadBikeReview Member
    First !!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    100lbs might be a bit much for 700x28s. How heavy are you? If you're north of 200lbs, it'd be reasonable, but any less and you're adding resistance. Try ~80psi if you're around 150-180.

Just because the tires give a max pressure doesn't mean you have to follow it; it's simply a maximum. Now go ride your bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_W
    100lbs might be a bit much for 700x28s. How heavy are you? If you're north of 200lbs, it'd be reasonable, but any less and you're adding resistance. Try ~80psi if you're around 150-180.

Just because the tires give a max pressure doesn't mean you have to follow it; it's simply a maximum. Now go ride your bike.
    Sonic my weight is 220. Thanks for the reply

pedalpedalpedal
    The right (or wrong) tires pretty much make the biggest difference in the speed of any bike. They're also one of the cheaper components to buy, yet get over-looked far too often.