Thread: Toe warmers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010

Toe warmers

Will the chemical toe warmers work properly if I put it between the shoe and bootie above the toe? It says it need restricted oxygen
    Will it burn too hot?
    I don't want to put it inside the shoe some it may cause discomfort with the toothed

Baltic Scum
    Buy the ToastiToes with adhesive on one side and put them on top of your socks inside the shoe. They are fairly useless between the shoe and and the bootie.

After the ride, put them in a freezer bag, press out the extra air, shut tightly and reuse them for the next ride. I get about 5 hours out of one pair. At $2 for 4 packs, that's a nice deal for warm feet.
    Was juckt es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich ein Schwein an ihr kratzt?

Fix Altitude in My Tracks
    Tried them between on top of shoes (between shoe and boot) and agree with seeborough that they aren't very good there. I actually can get them under my toes (in front of the ball of my foot) if I turn them sideways and they work well there. The only problem is they can get lumpy after an hour. Try and find the ones you don't have to shake to activate. They start smoother so they get less lumpy feeling. On tops of toes is good too but I prefer under.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Grabber makes a whole sole version which is very nice, i just pull out the insole and use the heated one in its place, been using them for a couple of months now and are very happy. I also use the smaller one on the top of my toes between two pairs of thin socks, these things have solved all my cronic cold feet problems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Before I got my winter shoes I'd fold them over my toes over a thin pair of base layer socks and under my thicker wool socks. My toes were always nice and warm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I have the toastitoes and just wondering if I expose to too much oxygen will it burn things up, since I will be doing a long descent with alot of windspeed. The booties are moderately wind proof though.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    I've never used them but a friend swears by them. When it's below freezing & wear booties & wool socks,& have experienced no problems with temps in the single digits F.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I place the Toastie-Toes on top of the toe of my wool socks and use winter shoe covers with no problems... keeps the toes happy!

I've often wondered about the winter cycling boots, but never broke down and purchased any.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Under the toes seems warmer than over. If that takes up too much space, you might need bigger shoes for the cold weather...
    Just ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    I use them between the bootie and the shoe and it throws off enough heat to make my toes comfortable when they would otherwise be frozen (-5 to -10 celcius).