RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

Topeak Joe Blow Pro Floor Pump

Any good?

All I'm looking for is easy to use, lasts a while and has a reasonably accurate gauge.

I'd think that would be a given but I've been amazed when borrowing or using a shop pump how many of them suck to use.
    I have a Sefras pump I like a lot but it doesn't seem that model is still being made. It still works perfectly. I want a second pump to store in the trunk of my car.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    Nevermind
    Last edited by mburke; 03-31-2017 at 11:49 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mburke View Post
    Do a search...there are all kinds of threads about floor pumps
    New Floor Pump
    um, yeah, I'm aware there are all kinds of floor pumps. I did learn what's out there and now I'm asking about one of them in particular.

Descender
    Oct 2005
    I've had a JB Pro for about 4 years - use almost daily - works great with no problems.

DId have an older JB Turbo model that wasn't so great.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh777 View Post
    I've had a JB Pro for about 4 years - use almost daily - works great with no problems.

DId have an older JB Turbo model that wasn't so great.
    Thank you Sir. Good enough for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a Joe Blow Sport that I have been using for 20+ years, granted not daily use but it is my main pump. It has been trouble free until just recently, the head has finally worn out. I thought about replacing the pump I will probably just replace the head for now.

SS-
    2015 Felt AR3 upgraded to Ultegra 6870 Di2
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Apex -Just about how I want it
    2005 Iron Horse MK3 Expert - many years of trail duty and still my go to Mt. Bike.

I love to climb!
    It's a nice enough pump, but only lasted a bit over a year for shop use. O ring wore out, got a new one from topeak, but it immediately tore the new one up, so something else must have been wrong. For home use, it will probably last many years. I liked how tall it is. Not sure there's any pump that will truly last for shop use (used many times a day by multiple different people), as I've never seen one not develop problems after about a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have one, and it's legendary among the guys/gals in my bike group. It's over 10 years old, and stays in the bed of my truck. It's been rained on, snowed on, and baked in the Georgia sun, but you can't kill it.

I've actually run over the thing before, and had to reform the base. It looks like hell, but when someone needs to air-up before a group ride, they're over at my truck grabbing my pump, as it is head-and-shoulders better than what most of those guys carry.

The only thing I've done to it in 10 years is to change out the head/nozzle assembly. Not sure if the current models are built with the same specs as the older ones, but if they are, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJD View Post
    I have one, and it's legendary among the guys/gals in my bike group. It's over 10 years old, and stays in the bed of my truck. It's been rained on, snowed on, and baked in the Georgia sun, but you can't kill it.

I've actually run over the thing before, and had to reform the base. It looks like hell, but when someone needs to air-up before a group ride, they're over at my truck grabbing my pump, as it is head-and-shoulders better than what most of those guys carry.

The only thing I've done to it in 10 years is to change out the head/nozzle assembly. Not sure if the current models are built with the same specs as the older ones, but if they are, I would HIGHLY recommend it.
    Let's hope they still make 'em like the used to. Mine arrives in the mail today.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Anyone know if you can get replacement hoses etc. for floor pumps at a regular 'ol hardware store?

The hose on my Zefal Husky (21 years old) is starting to crack.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Any good?

All I'm looking for is easy to use, lasts a while and has a reasonably accurate gauge.

I'd think that would be a given but I've been amazed when borrowing or using a shop pump how many of them suck to use.
    I have a Sefras pump I like a lot but it doesn't seem that model is still being made. It still works perfectly. I want a second pump to store in the trunk of my car.

Thanks.
    It's a great pump, but too bulky to put in the back of the car.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    The JB is a nice pump. My question is, how does anybody know if the gauge is accurate or not? Somebody might say it is, but does that make it so? I know there's a test against which you can check it, but I don't know what, where, or how much it would cost. I've always just used whatever gauge came on the pump without questioning it too much.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    I got it Friday. Seems like a really good pump. that little button that allows you to bleed air without removing the head is kind of cool.

-It's my older pump that's much less bulky that I intend the throw in the trunk. You're right that this one is a bit bulky and wouldn't be ideal for that.

-Who knows if the gauge is accurate. As long as it's consistent I don't really care about accuracy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    I've got one- OK pump with a shitty head and the gauge is not accurate. 4lbs off.
    The little yellow lock doohickey broke off.
    I've since replaced the shitty head with a good one.
    Good for high volume tires, MTB 29ers, fat bikes etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    I got one of those last year. Works well, but the gauge is inaccurate, and the chuck is worthless. I cut it off, and put on a Lezyne dual head that works much better.