RoadBikeReview Member

Tour De Blast - 2013

Cycling season is just starting for me and was planning on riding the event this year and was not looking forward the usual event date. Was going to have to train pretty hard to ride the early year event (tourdeblast.com). Just noticed on website that they announced the 2013 date. Glad they moved it from there usual early in the year start to Sept 21. They've always held the event in May or June where the weather still can be a chore especially in that altitude. Cold windy rainy days are the norm throughout early half of the year. Best part is that it gives me an additional 3-4 months of training period to take on the 82 mile course with 6,240 feet of elevation climb. At 50 yrs old and 20lbs overweight (amazing how much you could gain off season), I need all the extra training/riding I could get.

See you guys out on the road. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable cycling year/season.

Mark
    Bianchi - Infinito - 2012 - Ultegra 6700 Group w/ Fulcrum Racing Zero wheelset

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    The bad part of this move is it could make for a very hot climb. Climbing in the cool wet was not too bad most of the time.
    2009 Specialized S-Works Carbon Tricoss
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9 4
    Gary Fisher Tassahara

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moralleper View Post
    The bad part of this move is it could make for a very hot climb. Climbing in the cool wet was not too bad most of the time.
    Good point..... will plan on heading out early in the morning to beat the heat and "crowd"
    Bianchi - Infinito - 2012 - Ultegra 6700 Group w/ Fulcrum Racing Zero wheelset

LC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I swore off that ride after shivering through freezing fog one year and rain/hail the next, both times having to turn back early as it was too miserable and I could hardly see the rider in front of me let alone and sort of view. September sounds much better.