RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013

Tri to Road new bike help

ok ride a Cervelo One, she's been good to me! It's the engine that counts!! Looking ot buy a road. theres a caad 4 listed in my size for 900? Seems steep, all Ultegra asked for pics of components and what the chain wear was. Quesiton is the price for the age of the bike? Aren't caad 4 older? Just not upto date on Roadie stuff. I can get a new Madone 2.3 for 1500! Well left over 2012. will have to opportunity to ride both Treks and Cannondales where I live now, we all know it's what fits right and the engine that counts. so any help or thoughts would be great.

Tri to Road new bike help-caad-4.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    If the bike in the picture you posted is the one they want $900 for ... I wouldn't bother. The CAAD4 frame is a "LONG" way from the CAAD10 frames and the Ultegra components are several generations old.

You can find much better used bikes for that price ... or you can save up a little more and purchase a new bike for a little more. A CAAD10 with 105 is only around $1800 and it would be a much nicer ride than the one you are looking at.
    Bikes:
    • 2013 Scott Foil 40
    • 2013 Jamis Nova Race (winter training bike)
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Guy View Post
    ok ride a Cervelo One, she's been good to me! It's the engine that counts!! Looking ot buy a road. theres a caad 4 listed in my size for 900? Seems steep, all Ultegra asked for pics of components and what the chain wear was. Quesiton is the price for the age of the bike? Aren't caad 4 older? Just not upto date on Roadie stuff. I can get a new Madone 2.3 for 1500! Well left over 2012. will have to opportunity to ride both Treks and Cannondales where I live now, we all know it's what fits right and the engine that counts. so any help or thoughts would be great.
    Offer them half that. The seller has a vastly overrated view of the worth of that bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Thanks! Kinda figured that, Just wanted to make sure.