Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by slotnick View Post
    @survivor82: is this thread dead, or are you still up and running with your prototype development?

I hope things go as planned for you guys
    Thanks for keeping us in your thought

Yes we are hard at work and getting really close now. There are several adjustments we made to our design since my last update. Below is a quick comparison with some other saddle bags out there today. We haven't name our product yet so it is call "Project X" for now.

Disclaimer: Below comparison details are based on our personal usage of each respective saddle bags and the storage items are based on the items we have and doesn't represent every variations of equivalent items out there in the market.

The ultimate saddle bag-compare4.jpg

Russian Troll Farmer
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    @survivor82: is this thread dead, or are you still up and running with your prototype development?

I hope things go as planned for you guys
    Just let this thread die. No more dredging this up. Kickstarter guy will be back with glossy photos and more marketing speak when its time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The internet is a little like a bar, a wonderful place where we can bullsh(t our past, but it also, is full of reasonably reliable sources of information to be used as ammo to call "bullish)t."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdhawkhill View Post
    Just let this thread die. No more dredging this up. Kickstarter guy will be back with glossy photos and more marketing speak when its time.

I disagree: I find this quite interesting and am curious about their progress.

Of course, nobody obliges you to read all this ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Wow this Thread sounds just like the one posted by View Profile: Pitbull Pedal - Road Bike, Cycling Forums what with all the talk of Patent Attorneys

RoadBikeReview Member
    I disagree: I find this quite interesting and am curious about their progress.

Of course, nobody obliges you to read all this ;)
    Too soon for “this-was-spam-all-along
    -told-you-so?”

The internet is a little like a bar, a wonderful place where we can bullsh(t our past, but it also, is full of reasonably reliable sources of information to be used as ammo to call "bullish)t."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Too soon for “this-was-spam-all-along
    -told-you-so?”
    Yes. That's too soon

Check out https://www.vouel.com

This is just a preview. There are still many works in progress preparing for the product launch in October. Sign up and you will get the latest updates from us!

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by survivor82 View Post
    Yes. That's too soon

Check out https://www.vouel.com

This is just a preview. There are still many works in progress preparing for the product launch in October. Sign up and you will get the latest updates from us!
    Nice preview, I see a blank page. Which is because I don't allow scripts by default, and your web page is entirely script reliant.

But I did take the time to enable scripts to look at your privacy policy. It is pretty clear, as far as these things go. Such as where the company says it will pass along biometric data to its unnamed partners. Who they will do who knows what with it.

"Sharing" biometric data is a line, and your company is on the wrong side of it.

Anyone who signs up for your updates deserves the spam they get.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Nice preview, I see a blank page. Which is because I don't allow scripts by default, and your web page is entirely script reliant.

But I did take the time to enable scripts to look at your privacy policy. It is pretty clear, as far as these things go. Such as where the company says it will pass along biometric data to its unnamed partners. Who they will do who knows what with it.

"Sharing" biometric data is a line, and your company is on the wrong side of it.

Thank you for your feedback. I believe what you are referring to is this section in the privacy policy:

Special categories of personal data. We may collect your biometricaland health related data such as blood pressure, heart rate, fingerprints orsimilar depending on the service or product you have purchased. Users are requested to grant consent for such data collection explicitly per each serviceor product in question. For certain services or applications, this may be doneby adjusting the settings of the application or service. Denial of the consentmay affect the provision of the relevant service.

The policy did state that in the event of biometrical data collection, users are requested to grant consent for such data collection explicitly.

Having said that, I have reviewed the privacy policy with the team today and we are not collecting and have no intent to collect any biometric data from our webpage. The company privacy policy is updated accordingly today. I hope this clear up any confusion you have.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    I know you have heard/read a lot of stuff in the thread so far.

Let me just say that I will not buy a saddle bag that has Velcro around the seat tube.

I like something small that attaches securely and does not flop around. At the same time I prefer something that can be easily removed for races -- I don't want to have to spend too much time threading a plastic buckle through the saddle rails.

Right now I use a keg in place of a waterbottle. It holds everything I need and is really, really simple. So if you can get something as easy and simple as this solution while allowing me to carry two bottles, I would be all for it.
    Checkout https://www.vouel.com
    What you are looking for is almost here!

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by survivor82 View Post
    Having said that, I have reviewed the privacy policy with the team today and we are not collecting and have no intent to collect any biometric data from our webpage.
    So, you won't do what you don't have the ability to do. Got it.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post

I’ll just re-dredge this thread if I’m hurting for a quick detach saddle bag, rather than sign up for an update to the 4 second demo video.

Maybe there’s a solid patent in there that the big S will buy or bulldoze, or maybe Arkel will license it... maybe this is the dominant saddle satchel for the next 30 years... maybe 82 is a real person with a plan who simply tried to kickstart in the wrong forum. Still not an exciting development from where I sit (four bikes, four different saddle bags, all do their jobs).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    I’ll just re-dredge this thread if I’m hurting for a quick detach saddle bag, rather than sign up for an update to the 4 second demo video.

Maybe there’s a solid patent in there that the big S will buy or bulldoze, or maybe Arkel will license it... maybe this is the dominant saddle satchel for the next 30 years... maybe 82 is a real person with a plan who simply tried to kickstart in the wrong forum. Still not an exciting development from where I sit (four bikes, four different saddle bags, all do their jobs).

Thank you for your candid feedback. The demo video just showcasing one of the key features. There are several more and hopefully one of them might excite you. I will provide updates in this forum periodically so stay tuned!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456