RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Velox Rim Strips

I ordered Velox rim strips along with my mountain bike wheels. Something has changed. There was no glue on the strips, and they were several inches too long. I remember not having any problem with the previous one. I am thinking of cutting them, then applying adhesive. Any input would be appreciated

your text here
    i noticed a change in rim strips, too. i thought it was just me. little-to-no adhesive and they were a tad long, just like yours. they never seated right, and after 6 flats in 3 months (not all due to rim strips, but at least 4 were) i have started swapping my wheels over to vinyl rim strips. i had one set of wheels with the vinyl strips and never had a flat due to spoke holes. we will see what happens with these.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Velox is bad news now. I always had to cut them, but the adhesive is definitely bad now.
    Try these...
    Rox Ultralight Rim Strips

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Performance

Quote Originally Posted by daniell
    I ordered Velox rim strips along with my mountain bike wheels. Something has changed. There was no glue on the strips, and they were several inches too long. I remember not having any problem with the previous one. I am thinking of cutting them, then applying adhesive. Any input would be appreciated
    Performance makes a "Velox equivalent" rim strip that actually I assumed was made by Velox. I'm wondering if there's a "bad batch" of Velox out there.

What it is

Maybe a bad batch?

I bought some velox for a 27" set I was rebuilding. They seemed as sticky and durable as the 30-year-old rim strips they replaced.

Ken

johnny99
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons
    Performance makes a "Velox equivalent" rim strip that actually I assumed was made by Velox. I'm wondering if there's a "bad batch" of Velox out there.
    I think the Performance tape is made by Zefal.