Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Vermarc apparel - Beware!

This company doesn't stand by their products! I purchased a pair of their bibs and after 5 months and and 4 or 5 rides the chamois started coming apart. I contacted VermarcUSA and their President said to return them to the retailer and they would warranty them and then he reneged on his earlier statement. The wholesaler, QBP, also refused to warranty the item. After the retailer attempted to have them warrantied I sent emails to both QBP and Vermarc headquarters in Belgium and they didn't even bother to respond.

Out of the dozens of bibs I've owned I've never had a chamois come apart. I understand things happen and products make it out of the factory that aren't 100% but how a company deals with it is true sign of their character. This company sucks and can't be bothered to even respond to an email. For a company that claims "legendary quality" they clearly don't believe it. Steer clear of their products and VermarcUSA.com.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I've had no problem with Vermarc. Yes, eventually the zipper broke on my AG2R Jersey, but my local tailor fixed it right up for me.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei View Post
    I've had no problem with Vermarc. Yes, eventually the zipper broke on my AG2R Jersey, but my local tailor fixed it right up for me.
    The initial post has more holes in it than a five year old set of bibs. It's the usual one-sided customer story about how bad a retailer or manufacturer is. Most times there's a lot more going on than the original story says.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    If they have a facebook page, I would address it there. Companies just hate bad publicity on facebook. That's where I have gotten the most done.
    With people like Peter P. around, I am done posting on this website. Mean people have driven me off after 9 plus years. Good luck newbies beware.

Big is relative
    Two posts on two different forums about the same thing? Did you join just to complain about a company?
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    So you wore them, washed them, several times, and are NOW complaining? Man, these 4 month old Nike sneakers I'm wearing really suck. They're dirty, and the insoles really stink...
    formerly "backinthesaddle"

Strava is Latin for 'bench-racing"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Man this is a hostile bunch. How many rides do you think you should get out of a pair $150 dollar bibs? 4 or 5 rides seems about right to you? They don't stink, they aren't dirty, there are no holes in them. The microfiber is literally peeling away from the chamois. Not something I can take to the tailor or should I for a 5 month old product. There's nothing more to the story than the warning I'm passing on.

You're welcome to reach out to the President of VermarcUSA and get his side of the story. Of course he lied to me so I doubt he'll have any qualms about lying to you. You've been warned.

I gave them a chance to deal with the issue and they chose to ignore it and hope I'll just go away. So I'm sharing my experience with you. Do what you will.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by asgelle View Post
    The initial post has more holes in it than a five year old set of bibs. It's the usual one-sided customer story about how bad a retailer or manufacturer is. Most times there's a lot more going on than the original story says.
    I thought the post was pretty clear. What holes can I fill in for you? The retailer, Glory Cycles, was very helpful by the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by azwhelan View Post
    I thought the post was pretty clear. What holes can I fill in for you? The retailer, Glory Cycles, was very helpful by the way.
    For one, how many people contact the manufacturer before the retailer? Which raises the question, why would someone do that? I wouldn't say we're hostile, I'd say we're experienced. We've seen too many of these one-sided storied fold under the mildest scrutiny.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by asgelle View Post
    For one, how many people contact the manufacturer before the retailer? Which raises the question, why would someone do that? I wouldn't say we're hostile, I'd say we're experienced. We've seen too many of these one-sided storied fold under the mildest scrutiny.
    Fair enough question. The bibs go with a jersey and the retailer no longer carried the bibs. So I wanted to get the bibs replaced so they would continue to go with the jersey. VermarcUSA said to return them to the retailer and they would warranty them. I did that. He then said no he wouldn't because I didn't buy them from VermarcUSA. Vermarc has VermarcUSA listed as their distributor in the United States. He represents them in this country. I tried contacting Vermarc in Belgium, no reply.

I would love for Vermarc to come on here and share their side of the story but since they won't return even an email I think it's highly unlikely.

Big is relative
    Man this is a hostile bunch. How many rides do you think you should get out of a pair $150 dollar bibs? 4 or 5 rides seems about right to you? They don't stink, they aren't dirty, there are no holes in them. The microfiber is literally peeling away from the chamois. Not something I can take to the tailor or should I for a 5 month old product. There's nothing more to the story than the warning I'm passing on.

You're welcome to reach out to the President of VermarcUSA and get his side of the story. Of course he lied to me so I doubt he'll have any qualms about lying to you. You've been warned.

I gave them a chance to deal with the issue and they chose to ignore it and hope I'll just go away. So I'm sharing my experience with you. Do what you will.
    So, the only reason you joined this forum was to tell us all about Vermarc? No one paid any attention to your post in cyclocross so you posted here and got some responses. Well now, mission accomplished, now go away unless you have something to contribute.
    Retired sailor

Call me a Fred
    This is from the VermarcUSA web site:
    ALL SALES ARE FINAL. These are one of a kind and collector items. Sorry, we cannot accept returns or exchanges.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Seat's not level
    Try Rapha. I have about 10 of their jerseys and about a half dozen bibs. Awesome stuff. Give it a try.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    This is from the VermarcUSA:
    Then why did the President say he would warranty them, then renege? There's a difference between exchanging and returning and item vs. a warranty issue. Unless what they mean by "collectors item" is I'm supposed to mount it on my wall.

I really don't understand this group. If you don't want the information then just choose to ignore it but the fact you all choose to defend the manufacturer that just takes your money and then disappears instead of the consumer and a fellow cyclist is strange. If you're skeptical that's understandable. I'm giving you this information so hopefully you don't get burned and spend your money with a company that stands by their products but instead you rally around someone who can take your money and then give you the finger. Your loyalties are odd.

Banned forever.....or not
    "So I wanted to get the bibs replaced so they would continue to go with the jersey. VermarcUSA said to return them to the retailer and they would warranty them. I did that. He then said no he wouldn't because I didn't buy them from VermarcUSA."

Something sounds very very strange here.
    Did anyong offer you a different pair of bibs, or did you insist that they give you the exact duplicate model??

Lets see, your shop bought them form QBP, and QBP got them from VermarcUSA....

Did you have your receipt?
    Were the bibs damaged?
    When you say "fall apart"....what do you really mean??

Sorry to say, but this sounds a little like a guy who posted here 4 or 5 years ago, who was all upset that Shimano USA wouldn't warranty a DA crankset that "bent" while he was just riding around.

All I can say is,........

Lighten up, Francis.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Slightly Opinionated
    I heard this is a hostile bunch, so I thought I'd come by and see what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii View Post
    I heard this is a hostile bunch, so I thought I'd come by and see what's up.
    Whatever you do, don't support or purchase from Vermarc. You've been warned.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    The OP posted this same post in four different forums on bikeforums.net. Makes you wonder.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Something sounds very very strange here.
    Did anyong offer you a different pair of bibs, or did you insist that they give you the exact duplicate model??

Lets see, your shop bought them form QBP, and QBP got them from VermarcUSA....

Did you have your receipt?
    Were the bibs damaged?
    When you say "fall apart"....what do you really mean??

Sorry to say, but this sounds a little like a guy who posted here 4 or 5 years ago, who was all upset that Shimano USA wouldn't warranty a DA crankset that "bent" while he was just riding around.

All I can say is,........

Lighten up, Francis.
    Wow you guys are suspicious. Maybe I should include pictures.

They didn't offer me a replacement, they didn't offer to do anything. Heck I didn't even get a reply from some of the parties.

No I didn't have a receipt(they were 5 months old, do you have receipts for all the cycling garments you've purchased?) but the retailer had a record of the sale.

The bibs were undamaged except for the the fact the microfiber is pulling away from the Chamois. In the center of the Chamois the microfiber outer layer is no longer attached to the chamois.

Look guys, I'm just a fellow cyclist who is irritated when a company doesn't stand by their products. There's no hidden agenda. I'm not leaving out details. There is no twist to the story. I didn't think I was going to shut down Vermarc single handled. I went through all the channels available to me and they hosed me. So I figured I would share my experience with the cycling community and maybe someone would think twice before spending their money with them. Frankly I'm shocked the post got any replys. What do you think I'm going to get out of this? Nothing(except a bunch of grief from you guys). It's the only recourse I have available to me at this point and hopefully I can save someone from the same expierence.

I'm sure all companies that treat their customers the way Vermarc does would love it if we just "lightened up" and went away. Spend your money how ever you want I'm just sharing my experience.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    The OP posted this same post in four different forums on bikeforums.net. Makes you wonder.
    Makes you wonder what? That if you want to get the word out that it makes more sense to post the message in more than one place? You think Vermarc will give a rat's a** if I share my experience with just my local cycling group or on multiple message boards? Of course I posted it in multiple places. The idea was to share the experience with as many cyclists as possible.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I, of course, don't know the whole situation, but am sympathetic to your cause. None of us like to purchase fairly expensive items and have them fail relatively soon....but depends on the warranty period. However, seems that there's not much you can do if they won't honor or discuss the issue. No harm in airing your grievance, though, some might take heed. But really, it all depends on the written warranty and the exact problem.

If it were me, I'd probably fire off an email once every week just to bug 'em....maybe they get tired of you and finally answer, lol.

Next time, buy DeSoto bibs....great customer service.

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    He posted in cyclocross here.

Makes me wonder if he can read the forum titles.
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii View Post
    He posted in cyclocross here.

Makes me wonder if he can read the forum titles.
    They don't buy cycling apparel over in Cyclocross?

Slightly Opinionated
    They don't buy cycling apparel over in Cyclocross?
    No. They race naked or in jean jorts.

BTW, spamming multiple forums is a no-no. Don't be a jerk....you've made your (moot) point. Move along, nothing to see here.

Uw zadel is niet waterpas
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Try Rapha. I have about 10 of their jerseys and about a half dozen bibs. Awesome stuff. Give it a try.
    zOMG. The sticker and etched glass business must be goooooooood.

jelly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast