Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Vincero Design Magnetic Waterbottle system

Hello Everyone

I just purchased this set to see if in fact its a good product and an improvement over the traditional water bottle cage.

Please give me your input if you own this set up. I will be getting my set next week and I will defintely put them to the test

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!!!

Midwest Playa

Disclosure: I am not a seller of this product nor am I trying to promote it. I am simply trying to get addtl information just like everyone else and sharing my input based on my own opinion.

Thanks

http://vimeo.com/13848147

http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/07/20/...-with-magnets/

For the Tech info:

This a new ultimate designed waterbottle cage system made with excellent attention to quality & detail!!!

Bottle and mount system uses rare earth magnets to attach the bottle to the carbon frame mount
    System includes a 24oz bottle, Edge 16 carbon mount and aluminum bolts
    Bottles feature a 63mm wide mouth and an anti-leak patented silicone valve that requires no manual opening and closing (bottles also fit traditional cages)
    100% free of BPA, DEHA, and DEHP, Proposition 65 Compliant and made of 100% FDA food-grade material and safe for the top rack of your dishwasher.
    Last edited by Midwest Playa; 03-15-2012 at 11:06 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Interested to read your review. It seems like it would be unnecessarily awkward/distracting to have to align the bottle with the mount, not to mention the fact that I love my Camelback Podium Chill bottles...

"It ain't a teacup that the Queen gave you - it's a bike. Ride it!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    It's not really awkward at all. Once you get within a certain range the magnets basically take over and it snaps into place, and it's much less awkward than a standard setup if you have a compact/aero or some other type of frame that has a tight front triangle since you don't have to angle your bottle like you would with a standard cage.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Well that seems easy enough, but what's going to convince me to get rid of my carbon cages. Why would I want to shell out more cash for magnetics?
    With people like Peter P. around, I am done posting on this website. Mean people have driven me off after 9 plus years. Good luck newbies beware.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Excellent product but I am not sure that I want to shell out money for a new hydration system.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think it's a great idea, if implemented well. Not having tried it, it seems to me it could be easier to use that regular cages. With no bottle you'd hardly notice the mount . It's definitely cleaner and could be more aero.

All that's good, but probably not enough for me to upgrade from my $10 plastic cages any time soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It's going to beat up your paint, unless you're really careful. The top part of a normal cage catches the bottle - with this system the bottle hits your DT paint instead. Expensive system to do expensive damage to your bicycle.

corning my own beef
    Hmmmmmm...... I'm thinking that the ideal time to solicit others' input might be before you purchase the new gizmoid.

My existing cages and bottles are quite convenient and perform a simple function quite well. The new system appears to be a bit of a solution in search of a problem.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

duh...
    chipped paint from a plastic bottle???

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

Fix Altitude in My Tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig
    .... The new system appears to be a bit of a solution in search of a problem.
    +1, totally

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTireFred
    chipped paint from a plastic bottle???
    Nope. Worn, scratched and scuffed paint from a plastic bottle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I will definitely give everyone my feedback, so far based on what I am reading I am getting mixed reviews, if anything the most important concern I have is the bottle flying out of the magnets if I hit a bump, The rest I can deal with I am always open to new concept thats why I decided to take a chance on this set, worst case I can always put the old cages back and let my son have these.lol

Thanks for the input

Folsom City Blues...
    I really like the clean look, especially during the spring and fall when I carry one water bottle. But, a big but, as already been motioned by rbr members. The possibility of scratching the down and seat tubes. The possibility of the Strong magnets have a diverse effect on the computer, especially one with cadence with a set up on the rear wheel area. Guess I'll stick to stainless steel King cages till the jury's out.

Peace
    Tao Te Ching

The movement of the Tao is to return
    The way of Tao is to yield

Heaven, Earth and all things

are born of existant world.

The existent world is born of nothingness of Tao

Master Lao Tzu

Banned forever.....or not
    Seems like a pretty silly product

1) How long will it take to replace a bottle when you lose one?
    2) How will a full bottle react when you hit a pot hole?
    3) Can you align the bottle with it's mounting area without looking?
    4) How is this "better" than a cheap waterbottle in a stainless steel cage?
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am trying to figure out how you can scratch your downtube paint, I am going to slap these on my older Specialized Tarmac which I am currently using for winter riding and I guess use it as my Guinnea pig.lol I would hate to mess up my SuperSix White Paint.

I still cant wait to get this set and see for myself,

Thanks again for all your input

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess if damaging the paint is a serious concern, you might stick on some clear plastic to cover those areas.

Without having tried it, I don't know how well it would work, but give it a shot and lets see. Imagine where we'd be if we allowed all the naysayers to determine how bike technology should advance. We'd all be riding steel 10 speeds (non-indexed 5 in back and two in front) with threaded steerers, quill stems, one piece forged steel cranks, toe clip pedals, etc.. Certainly there are Luddites that eschew all the modern developments, which is fine,as long as those of us who don't can use, benefit from, and enjoy them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    What's up with the seat angle on that Orbea? Must feel like constantly sliding forward.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hmmm.... I love the warning on the packaging: "Warning! Always stop your bike in a safe place before attempting to remove the bottle from the mount or beginning to drink." I guess that this mount wasn't intended to be used while riding

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Ok, well there seems to be a lot of speculation by people who have never used it and not a lot of fact here so I'll try to explain some of these concerns. I'm not sure how it could ever damage your paint, and I think maybe rx-79g is not understanding how it works precisely. I used the system during the later part of the season (about 3-4 thousand miles), and there is no damage on my frame from the water bottle. Also like I said in my previous post it functions much better than a standard cage or even a sideloader in tight spaces. Also you can switch between regular and aero bottles on you're race bike as conditions merit without having to swap out the entire mount. While it is not as cheap as a plastic cage, it is cheaper compared to most high quality carbon cages, while being both lighter, and more aerodynamic.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hello Everyone

The Bottles came in and I am getting ready to mount them on my Specialized Tarmac.

First Impressions, Really nice, the magnets are very strong I mean they grab hard kind of startled me.lol The mount as you can see on the pics is very small no more than 3 inches. I will take pics ot the regular bottle on my downtube in comparison to the Vincero if you are a weight winnie heres a definite candidate for your bike.

ok to be continued....................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Let me know if any problems with he install, I ordered some and should be here end of next week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ok This will be the last of the pics I will go out and try them tomorrow if the weather is going to cooperate. Took me less than 5 min to mount the system on my Tarmac.

Lots of Room in comparison to my old bottles see pics which is a plus, I have a 52 CM Frame so its a relatively a small frame and thats one dilema we have to deal with regarding bottles on smaller frame and I think the Vincero Syctem gets an A plus in this department. Another feature I really like is the loud click that the two magnets make when they engaged to let you know that the bottle is secured.so far I am liking everything

The Road test will make all the diffrence in the world. I am still trying to figure out how in the workld can you scratch the paint on the downtube.

Stay tuned...........................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Playa
    Ok This will be the last of the pics I will go out and try them tomorrow if the weather is going to cooperate. Took me less than 5 min to mount the system on my Tarmac.
    I really like the blue cages. They look nice with the frame details.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-79g
    I really like the blue cages. They look nice with the frame details.
    I totally agree w you I only took the cages out so I can try out these bottles, I plan on mounting these Vinceros on my SuperSix if all goes well. They should really look good with my Red and White color scheme.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyORCA
    Let me know if any problems with he install, I ordered some and should be here end of next week.
    Took me less than 5 Min thats including removal of the old cages fits like a glove on my Tarmac NP

MidwestPlaya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast