RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt mount by K-Edge

I may just be missing it, but why would anyone buy the new(ish) K-Edge mount for the Elemnt Bolt?

The K-Edge one now integrates nicely the computer, as does the one it comes with. The K-Edge one is heavier. I know it is metal vs plastic, but I don't see the benefit. Oh, and what about price!? The K-Edge one is WAY more than the Wahoo one that is lighter.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by lightning33; 1 Week Ago at 01:09 PM. Reason: Forgot about price difference

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Some people are of the belief that due to it being a metal mount, it's sturdier. Possibly they think that will better protect the head unit.

I only know I've used assorted plastic units for Wahoo and Garmin for a few years, had the bike fall over on occasion, never broken the mount so like you, don't get the point.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning33 View Post
    I may just be missing it, but why would anyone buy the new(ish) K-Edge mount for the Elemnt Bolt?

The K-Edge one now integrates nicely the computer, as does the one it comes with. The K-Edge one is heavier. I know it is metal vs plastic, but I don't see the benefit. Oh, and what about price!? The K-Edge one is WAY more than the Wahoo one that is lighter.

What am I missing?
    You left out that the K-Edge costs $70USD....LOL.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have four mounts for my Bolt; three made by Wahoo, including the one they just put out. They're all great. And, they're all a lot less $$$ than K-Edge.

hooligan21
    Paying $70 bucks for a heavier one is just plain ridiculous IMHO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    I have a K-edge mount for the garmin and I got it because they make a version that tucks a go pro mount underneath and the extra sturdiness makes for a steadier picture than the plastic mounts I've tried, it's also nice to be able to tuck the GP or my Fly12 underneath the computer and not have another mount on the bars.
    But yeah, I keep getting dropped on coffee rides because of the extra weight

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoPho View Post
    I have a K-edge mount for the garmin and I got it because they make a version that tucks a go pro mount underneath and the extra sturdiness makes for a steadier picture than the plastic mounts I've tried, it's also nice to be able to tuck the GP or my Fly12 underneath the computer and not have another mount on the bars.
    But yeah, I keep getting dropped on coffee rides because of the extra weight

lol

I just buy those plastic 'KOM' ones from amazon, for like $15 https://www.amazon.com/KOM-Cycling-h.../dp/B0759XPYLB
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know