View Poll Results: Which would you chose?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Steel/Black

9 47.37%
  • Waterloo Blue/Black

3 15.79%
  • Neither!

7 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    RoadBikeReview Member

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Domane SLR 8 Disc. And I've narrowed it down to these two paint schemes: (1) Blue Steel/Black, or (2) Waterloo Blue/Black. But I'm having a hard time picking a favorite. I really like them both!

I realize this is a true first world problem. But I'd love to hear your opinions about which direction I should go.

Here's the "Blue Steel" with Black. I could also do a dark Navy instead of black...

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-1.jpg

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-2.jpg

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-5.jpg

And here's the Waterloo Blue/black....

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-3.jpg

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-4.jpg

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?-post-6.jpg

What do you think? Thanks in advance!

(I realize some of these pics show the Emonda, but the paint scheme is the same.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016

What do you think of these Project One paint schemes?

I like both blue steel and waterloo blue (the blue is even better!) - BUT the brand Trek in black is kind if boring. If I were to go for a project One I would have a distinctive colour for the word «Trek». I would either go for something nice or something crazy in terms of the colours of «Trek».

If Project One then unique!

Adorable Furry Hombre
    The grey will be easier to match/accessorize colors too....the "Waterloo" will be impossible. The grey will also probably show dirt/mud less.

I like the metal color...then again I own titanium bikes, so I'm rather biased in favor of silvery things.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Darling of The Lounge
    Blue Steel & Black gets my nod. It's a classy color scheme.

I also believe the colors would appeal to a wider audience should you ever decide to sell it.

banned
    Sep 2015
    I like them both a lot for different reasons and would be happy with either color.
    Only thing I would change is I would get the Emonda SLR instead of the Domane.

In any event, I am sure you will be happy. I have a doctor buddy who has a Project 1 Domane on order. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    After having owned a red and white bike, I will never again own a bike with lighter colored chainstays. I'm also fairly conservative with the color scheme of my bikes. So, would go with the Blue Steel, but have the chainstays be a darker (black or charcoal) color. Just my two cents after being obsessed with how dirty my chainstays looked on a light color bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your input! As you can see I want something clean, maybe one would say "understated," which is why I lean towards the Blue Steel, I think, but sometimes the Waterloo calls to me.

I'm thinking I should do the blue steel but instead of the "Dnister Black" as shown, I'll go with a deep dark Navy color for the accents. When the Dnister Black is in the sun it sparkles with a golden metallic glitter. The deep dark navy looks glitters with a blue metallic when in the sunlight, but looks black under indoor lighting. guess I want a blue bike. lol.

As for the Emonda comment, yeah, well, last summer when I started giving this new bike serious thought I was pretty sure I would be getting the Emonda SLR. I really like that it's lightweight and traditional. It's a pure road bike and that appeals to me. But after some test rides, and discussions on these boards, I have come to the conclusion that the endurance geo and the wider tire clearance of the Domane will suit me better over the long run.