Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    I actually had to block MMSrepbike. Can’t say I missed him.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otoman View Post
    I actually had to block MMSrepbike. Can’t say I missed him.
    Seriously? What did he say or do that you found offensive?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I belong to a number of forums covering assorted interests. An overarching theme common to all, is a marked decline in subscribers. The culprit in most cases seems to be Facebook.

Given the recent negative press, and the realization that Facebook exploited its participants' naivety and pandered to their narcissism, there might be a resurgence in this posting platform.
    I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it. I've never understood the allure of Face Book. I think there's a lot of people who will never be able to resist leaving it. Where else can you post pictures of your vacation and write about how great your life is? Plus, I can't stand that tool, Mark Zuckerberg.

I agree that this site used to have more traffic and interesting members. I visit some other sites and traffic in them has declined over the years as well. Just us old fogies set in our ways, I guess.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderator's Note

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Unicorn View Post
    ...and you're entitled to your view/opinion. Enjoy it. Being a moderator on another forum I have a different perspective, especially about Coolhand. Also having a 16+ year outlook makes for a longer view. But ok, enjoy.
    Yeah, especially seeing I already banned you twice under other socks. Oops. I mean three times.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Seriously? What did he say or do that you found offensive?
    No point in rehashing the whole thing, just to say a difference of opinion with him would result in a stepwise, asymmetric escalation of vitriol. I'd reply in a measured fashion, he'd reply in a harsh, personal and confrontational way. Perhaps he was assuming that my relatively low "reputation" score on this forum equated to lack of cycling knowledge or experience. I felt myself getting angry about him, so I blocked him and stopped checking or contributing to this forum for quite a long time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by otoman View Post
    No point in rehashing the whole thing, just to say a difference of opinion with him would result in a stepwise, asymmetric escalation of vitriol. I'd reply in a measured fashion, he'd reply in a harsh, personal and confrontational way. Perhaps he was assuming that my relatively low "reputation" score on this forum equated to lack of cycling knowledge or experience. I felt myself getting angry about him, so I blocked him and stopped checking or contributing to this forum for quite a long time.
    Yes, I remember the Huge "What happened to otoman" thread from a while back!

RoadBikeReview Member
    he'd reply in a harsh, personal and confrontational way

Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Yes, I remember the Huge "What happened to otoman" thread from a while back!
    Case in point.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf View Post
    he'd reply in a harsh, personal and confrontational way

Case in point.
    So it's ok for otoman to disparage mmsbikerep whom isn't here anymore??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12