Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017

What happened to MMsRepBike?

Haven't seen him post in a while.

Hopefully he's just out riding his bike?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    I'd swear I've seen him around in the past week...I think...
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

gazing from the shadows
    Try a PM.

Sometimes people stop posting, but still read stuff. A pm will usually catch this case, with the person giving you proof of life in relatively short order. Most will let you know they are ok if you express concern.

Some won't, but usually no one is concerned when such a person goes silent.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Check out his profile. It's blank. No activity history. Like it's been deleted.

View Profile: MMsRepBike - Road Bike, Cycling Forums
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Check out his profile. It's blank. No activity history. Like it's been deleted.

View Profile: MMsRepBike - Road Bike, Cycling Forums
    Alien abduction?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Come to think of it, another poster I haven't heard from in awhile is DCGriz. His account is still active, but he hasn't posted anything since last September:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sea...archid=1703602
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

a real member's member
    hmm. not found unconscious, eh? this is an interesting case...
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    There are couple more names I can think of that posted often but seem to have beamed up recently. One name is pitt... something.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    There are couple more names I can think of that posted often but seem to have beamed up recently. One name is pitt... something.
    View Profile: pittcanna - Road Bike, Cycling Forums

He's still alive and riding his bike. Not sure why he doesn't post here anymore.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    As long as we're going down memory lane, I hadn't seen PBL450 in awhile (the guy with Shaggy from Scooby Doo as his avatar). As it turns out, he appears to be spending most of his time in the Pro Cycling sub forum these days:

View Profile: PBL450 - Road Bike, Cycling Forums
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I felt a great disturbance in the road biking community, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 413
Size:  2.3 KB

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Ever think that threads that deteriorate to garbage and end up with people being banned are the cause?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tihsepa View Post
    Ever think that threads that deteriorate to garbage and end up with people being banned are the cause?
    You think???

Huge in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Alien abduction?
    This invariably means probing. No way around it.
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    This invariably means probing. No way around it.
    You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53uVisEj_Hw

Darling of The Lounge
    I think Putin may have got him.

a real member's member
    who will start the thread when i'm gone?
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tihsepa View Post
    Having been on this forum since 2000-2001 (when it was mostly used for some really chaotic classifieds more than the forum) under one name or another, you used to have some really knowledgeable people posting here.

The quote kind of says it all, and now this place sucks. I usually look around once a week or so and, well, it still sucks!

...and the banning seems to be completely out of control as well. You know, "All power corrupts, but absolute power is really cool, isn't it?"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Unicorn View Post
    Having been on this forum since 2000-2001 (when it was mostly used for some really chaotic classifieds more than the forum) under one name or another, you used to have some really knowledgeable people posting here.

The quote kind of says it all, and now this place sucks. I usually look around once a week or so and, well, it still sucks!

...and the banning seems to be completely out of control as well. You know, "All power corrupts, but absolute power is really cool, isn't it?"
    From what I have seen, there are still some quite knowledgeable people. Nobody is correct about everything and we all get it wrong sometimes - some more than others. I have certainly been wrong at times and I have learned quite a bit from some people here.

As with any other forum, there will always be disagreements as well as some trolls. Some trolls are obvious while others troll discreetly from time to time while providing valid knowledge at other times.

There is definitely less activity on these forums than there was four years ago when I joined. I don't know if that is more because a lot has already been said or the flaming and vitriol has gotten worse. I am thinking a combination of both.

As far as banning, it is far from being out of control. If anything, the mods here run this place with a light hand. They almost always warn first, issue temporary bans first (or as Coolhand puts it, "posting vacations") then after multiple infractions or in the case of obvious "full-time" trolls, permanent bans. From my time here, I have never seen anybody be given a permanent ban for one infraction. By the time someone even gets a "posting vacation", most of us are breathing a heavy sigh of relief.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    This thread is taking on an "existential crisis" tone.

Time to fire up the stove.

Kettle popcorn, this time.

P.S. Growth comes in spurts. RBR passed through the halcyon Cambrium-growth days of ~2010-2016. Now RBR is simply in the beginnings of the Ordovician Period where posters have returned to the seas to regenerate, reformulate, and thus re-emerge when the Silurian Period hits-----which, when it does, ought to be something to see as things advance to "jawless" humans & first evidence of extra-terrestials (i.e. Mars) hits

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BelgianHammer View Post
    This thread is taking on an "existential crisis" tone.

P.S. Growth comes in spurts. RBR passed through the halcyon Cambrium-growth days of ~2010-2016. Now RBR is simply in the beginnings of the Ordovician Period where posters have returned to the seas to regenerate, reformulate, and thus re-emerge when the Silurian Period hits-----which, when it does, ought to be something to see as things advance to "jawless" humans & first evidence of extra-terrestials (i.e. Mars) hits
    I take it you are saying our future holds a great making of coal, followed by mass extinction?

I'd say a great burning of coal, but the other part sounds about right.

Darling of The Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    There is definitely less activity on these forums than there was four years ago when I joined. I don't know if that is more because a lot has already been said or the flaming and vitriol has gotten worse. I am thinking a combination of both.
    I belong to a number of forums covering assorted interests. An overarching theme common to all, is a marked decline in subscribers. The culprit in most cases seems to be Facebook.

Given the recent negative press, and the realization that Facebook exploited its participants' naivety and pandered to their narcissism, there might be a resurgence in this posting platform.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    From what I have seen, there are still some quite knowledgeable people. Nobody is correct about everything and we all get it wrong sometimes - some more than others. I have certainly been wrong at times and I have learned quite a bit from some people here.

As with any other forum, there will always be disagreements as well as some trolls. Some trolls are obvious while others troll discreetly from time to time while providing valid knowledge at other times.

As far as banning, it is far from being out of control. If anything, the mods here run this place with a light hand. They almost always warn first, issue temporary bans first (or as Coolhand puts it, "posting vacations") then after multiple infractions or in the case of obvious "full-time" trolls, permanent bans. From my time here, I have never seen anybody be given a permanent ban for one infraction. By the time someone even gets a "posting vacation", most of us are breathing a heavy sigh of relief.

...and you're entitled to your view/opinion. Enjoy it. Being a moderator on another forum I have a different perspective, especially about Coolhand. Also having a 16+ year outlook makes for a longer view. But ok, enjoy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Unicorn View Post
    ...and you're entitled to your view/opinion. Enjoy it. Being a moderator on another forum I have a different perspective, especially about Coolhand. Also having a 16+ year outlook makes for a longer view. But ok, enjoy.
    I just ruined my keyboard.

Maybe a bag of rice will fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast