likes to eat donuts

Where can I ride in Boca Raton?

Hello fellow cyclists.

I'll be visiting my brother, who lives in Boca Raton, FL, from Dec. 8-18 of this year, and I'm planning on taking my road bike with me. I'm here to ask if anyone can help me out with any valuable information or leads about where I can find some good training routes in that area. I have already sent an e-mail to the Boca Raton Cycling Club, but have yet to hear back from anyone.

Thanks in advance, and happy riding.
    “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”
    -Groucho Marx

Rocket Scientist
    A1A is about it. There used to be a decent group ride that left from the corner of A1A and palmetto on Sat/Sun mornings that was a pretty medium pace and about 36 miles if I remember right.

Depending on where you are in BR, you can ride to A1A. Some routes are better than others, though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Hi,

You can check the "Ride and Events Calendar" on the http://www.bocaratonbicycleclub.com site.

There a few of group rides during the week.
    The first group after you get here is the Tuesday ride out of City Hall. Ask for the ride leader when you get there.
    I usually ride with the group on Thu morning and on Sat morning from Logger's Run.

Will you be in east or west Boca?

Once you get here, talk to the guys at Racer's Edge bike shop.They are involved with the club. http://www.theracersedge.net/contact.htm

There are also some routes on www.mapmyrun.com

Bring some warm clothes. The morning temps are in the 50's and 60's
    Let me know if this helps. See you next month.

likes to eat donuts

Thank you

Thanks Sherpa23 and Strings!.
    The temp is about 34 and dropping here in Toronto, with light snow flurries forecast, so 50-60 sounds downright fantastic to me!

Now I only need to worry about this 'winter gut', which has suddenly and mysteriously appeared!
    “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”
    -Groucho Marx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    +1 on A1A. Only advice is to check the wind direction and speed. We can get some nasty head winds 25+ with much greater gusts. The temp will be in the 50 - 60's (F), but just remember to layer as it will heat up quickly. You being from Canada will probably be riding in a sleeveless jersey and light bibs though. 30 degree outdoor ride, no thank you.

+1 on Racers Edge, great shop. They know what they are doing and can get most repairs done quick, and good.