RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

Where to get Avocet 25?

I have an Avocet 25 computer on my bike. The unit itself is messed up and I cant find a retailer who sells them anymore. I really dont want to change the wiring so anyone know of a company who still sells them?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    I have an Avocet 25 computer on my bike. The unit itself is messed up and I cant find a retailer who sells them anymore. I really dont want to change the wiring so anyone know of a company who still sells them?
    No one I've seen sells them anymore. I run them on my bikes and resort to buying them off ebay. A few are new, others are used, all usually go for $20-30.

Banned forever.....or not
    Model 25 hasn't been sold in 15 years. The model 30, then the model 35 replaced it. I think that the company went under over 5 years ago because they couldn't supple product any more.
    They also had a model 45 with cadence and a model 50 with altitude and cadence.
    The original model 20 came out 20 years ago.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Model 25 hasn't been sold in 15 years. The model 30, then the model 35 replaced it. I think that the company went under over 5 years ago because they couldn't supple product any more.
    They also had a model 45 with cadence and a model 50 with altitude and cadence.
    The original model 20 came out 20 years ago.

Avocet is still around... you can go the their website and order spare parts for the 25 (mounts, batteries, magnets, etc.)... email them and you will get a response.

banned
    Jan 2004

Some later models use the same mount

I've had several Avocets going back years, and at least some of the later models slide right into the mount on the early ones. Don't know how far forward you can go, though.
    What's the big deal with changing the wiring? It's about a five-minute job. Or try attaching the old wires to the new mount, either at the ends or splice them in the middle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    I've had several 45TT units on my bike. They all failed & had to be either repaired or replaced. The last time was over a year ago, maybe 1.5 years. I kept getting the run around from Avocet. Promised by X, then X passed, then Y, then Y passed. What a pain Avocet was. I didn't want to have to change all the wiring either as I had cadence pickups et al to the back wheel, but I finally caved & bought a Cateye. Really glad that I did. Funny thing is 2 months after I put the Cateye on my bike, Avocet sent a new 45TT unit. It's collecting dust somewhere now. I'd never buy another Avocet product again.

GeoCyclist
    Oct 2002

I've got two I'll send to you for free!

I've got two avocet 25 computers that I used on my tandem. The wiring isn't very good, but than all you want is the computers. I'll be back home next week and I can mail them to you via USPS. If you are interested, send me an email address for contact and I will email you when I get back to Japan; about the 8/9 Sept. I've gone to full wireless and these computers are sitting in a box.

You can't beat that deal!

lambert@ika.attmil.ne.jp