RoadBikeReview Member

The wifes new whip.........

I am somewhat of a tinkerer with my car & motorcycle background, anyway found this 2007 Specialized Allez elite on CL a few weeks back. It was missing the forks , front wheel & chain. before buying I found the same original forks on ebay so I went after the bike, it turned out to be in really good condition. The original owner had let the headset become loose which ate up the bearings and carbon forks and the bike shop he took it to wouldn't fix it with the bad forks so the owner elected to buy a new bike instead. I installed the ebay forks with a new Cane Creek headset and also through on a set of bontrager race wheels I had laying around. The wife is pretty happy with her $300 starter bike. Just wondering who is demented as me and finds joy on getting this stuff back out on the road? Oh got a set of Ultegra brakes for it on the way! ;-)

The wifes new whip.........-3k33if3na5ld5n55j1cct8c21d6d1033e16b0.jpgThe wifes new whip.........-img_20130112_113935_386-1024x576-.jpgThe wifes new whip.........-img_20130113_140541_353-1024x576-.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Hi,

Looks like a nice ride. and any bike is better on the road instead of sitting in a garage or shed. I hope your wife really enjoys her new ride.

Wassler.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Nice work, I love finding projects like that. I found an older Salsa La Crux for my wife in similar shape. Rides like a dream now.

pedalpedalpedal
    *fork

It's singular.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Looks pretty sweet

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Looks too small for her.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Its a 54cm and she is 5'-7".
    She went 16 miles today and had a great time on her 1st real ride, probably won't be long till this is on CL when I upgrade her to all carbon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 768Q View Post
    Its a 54cm and she is 5'-7".
    The saddle might have just been low giving that impression in the picture. At 5'7" a 54cm should be a decent fit.

It's a nice CL score! It's great your wife is showing an interest in cycling.