Administrator

Win a Free 1upUSA Trainer! - RBR contest

Hey All,

We have a contest running, and you could win a Free 1upUSA Trainer!

Enter the Contest Here:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/1upUSA...ontestcrx.aspx

Good Luck!

(p.s. odds of winning on this site are MUCH better than the same contest we have running on MTBR.com)

angel of the morning

Wtf ....

it's not my site but i'd hate to see the body of the forum threads turn into advertising space. its a trainer ... cool somebody gets something for nothing but it may cost some integrity of this forum page. there is plenty advertising and commercial interest on these pages already ..... going overboard is counter productive.

that it should be a sticky at the head of the forum list is just plain rude.

ciao

p.s. rbr.com has all our email addresses and names anyway - why not just pick one at random. that will boost some interest more than the route chosen here.
    I watched him walking in and it was like they say, you know, he kind of glowed. Like a ray of light was around him. A kind of Jesus. - Spirito (interviewing Spirito)

BS the DC

WTF's wrong with you!

That's right. It's not your site. And it's not mine either. But someone has to pay to keep it running. And since we aren't paying to use it, then they have to get advertisers. I find the banners more annoying than a thread. And the tread was clearly tittled. There was no confusion. No tricks. Just an opportunity for you to win a trainer if you decided you wanted to. If you don't, just pass it up. It wasn't like he was going on about the latest research regarding male orgasms. Yes, Spirito somehow fitted that into a thread regarding fixed gear riding.

I want to thank Gregg, the moderators, and rbr.com for keeping this site going. I hope you will continue to have free giveaways. I think it's great for your advertisers and the members of rbr.com. I think we should all shop with the advertisers of this site and be sure to let them know that we appreciate their support.
    "The team wasn't just riders. It was the mechanics, masseurs, chefs, soigneurs, and doctors. But the most important man on the team may have been the chiropractor."

- Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts

angel of the morning

well ..,, for the purpose of arguement

Quote Originally Posted by bsdc
    That's right. It's not your site. And it's not mine either. But someone has to pay to keep it running. And since we aren't paying to use it, then they have to get advertisers. I find the banners more annoying than a thread. And the tread was clearly tittled. There was no confusion. No tricks. Just an opportunity for you to win a trainer if you decided you wanted to. If you don't, just pass it up. It wasn't like he was going on about the latest research regarding male orgasms. Yes, Spirito somehow fitted that into a thread regarding fixed gear riding.

I want to thank Gregg, the moderators, and rbr.com for keeping this site going. I hope you will continue to have free giveaways. I think it's great for your advertisers and the members of rbr.com. I think we should all shop with the advertisers of this site and be sure to let them know that we appreciate their support.
    its all our site - without us it doesn't happen. these pages are funded by commercial interest - yet why call it a general discussion forum rather if the forum content isnt any sort of discussion but spam. what does the trainer cost the company that offers it for free - $50 if that. should we really stoop to have a a roundabout advertisment. i stand by my words in saying it isnt effective in attracting readers/posters and hence discussion. the healthier and more populated the forum the more the site management and the sponsors stand to benefit. it's a question of taste, restraint and faith in the site and its commercial validity.

i think that people are drawn here by its posters, threads and discussions. its entertaining, enlightening and cycling related. make a good atmosphere and people enjoy the party and come back again. dont get up my skirt; i felt i need to call us all here and enjoy what we have - search "gotta have faith" under spirito. i will fight for the good that has been given us but i wont tolerate these pages being pimped so cheap.

without flattering myself i would think peep's would rather read my musing on the thread you mention than sending off their name and email address yet again to those who already have it for the paltry sold out carrot of 1 trainer - heck its almost spring for most people here anyway. i really think that many find it an insult to their intelligence.

i still say WTF !

i stand by my words on the 508 mile fixed gear ride thread as being pertinent to the terms forum and discussion ..... which is where i posted them. certainly more in spirit of than the above tacky sales ploy spilling into and pinned to the top of the discussion board.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...=9283#poststop

ciao
    I watched him walking in and it was like they say, you know, he kind of glowed. Like a ray of light was around him. A kind of Jesus. - Spirito (interviewing Spirito)

fixated

Thumbs down in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirito
    its all our site - without us it doesn't happen. these pages are funded by commercial interest - yet why call it a general discussion forum rather if the forum content isnt any sort of discussion but spam. what does the trainer cost the company that offers it for free - $50 if that. should we really stoop to have a a roundabout advertisment. i stand by my words in saying it isnt effective in attracting readers/posters and hence discussion. the healthier and more populated the forum the more the site management and the sponsors stand to benefit. it's a question of taste, restraint and faith in the site and its commercial validity.

i think that people are drawn here by its posters, threads and discussions. its entertaining, enlightening and cycling related. make a good atmosphere and people enjoy the party and come back again. dont get up my skirt; i felt i need to call us all here and enjoy what we have - search "gotta have faith" under spirito. i will fight for the good that has been given us but i wont tolerate these pages being pimped so cheap.

without flattering myself i would think peep's would rather read my musing on the thread you mention than sending off their name and email address yet again to those who already have it for the paltry sold out carrot of 1 trainer - heck its almost spring for most people here anyway. i really think that many find it an insult to their intelligence.

i still say WTF !

i stand by my words on the 508 mile fixed gear ride thread as being pertinent to the terms forum and discussion ..... which is where i posted them. certainly more in spirit of than the above tacky sales ploy spilling into and pinned to the top of the discussion board.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...=9283#poststop

ciao
    Maybe a good rule to live by is not say anything here you would not say to someone face to face, in person. Somehow, I doubt that if you walked into a store that had a giveaway, or even saw Gregg face to face, you'd even come close to saying the same thing. The anonymity here, I suppose, provides you some courage that I bet you'd otherwise not have, at least not without a fair amount of insobriety.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment

I support my friends.

I figure we are all friends here-even the nutty flamers and trolls. Spirito is about #1 on my list of posters whose threads I will always open and one of the reasons I will stick around. Doug ain't far behind.

Long ago and far away I gave gregg some lip about a waterbottle promotion that I felt was not in keeping with an open forum. I was wrong, anything the owners of this site can do to keep it open and the discussions flowing is fine with me.

That being said, I have no use for a trainer at all. I imagine that many other readers here feel the same way either because like me they refuse to ride indoors or because they already own a trainer. Therefore I suggest an alternate prize-a Saturday ride with Miss M and I. All the lucky winner has to do is get to DC and we will set up a killer route for a nice cruising ride. One warning-Miss M likes to ride from can see to can't see and a little farther weather permitting-right now that means a ride of well over 100 miles.

There, how does that sound for a nice prize?

Kant phuckin sphell

Talking I hear you spirito!

Allthough I did enter the contest (I wonder how much more junk mail will be sent to that address)!
    If I win it I might sell it on ebay. Unless I like it better than what I have now (I already have 2 sets of rollers and a fluid tt cycleops trainer).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Heck...I'll take it and enjoy it.

angel of the morning

Wink my friends call me Don King

Quote Originally Posted by DougSloan
    Maybe a good rule to live by is not say anything here you would not say to someone face to face, in person. Somehow, I doubt that if you walked into a store that had a giveaway, or even saw Gregg face to face, you'd even come close to saying the same thing. The anonymity here, I suppose, provides you some courage that I bet you'd otherwise not have, at least not without a fair amount of insobriety.
    im never afraid of saying anything if i really feel it.

C'mon Doug. i consider you and Gregg on my side & if it doesn't read well on screen, the only reason i posted objection above is that i don't feel it's at all a good thing for the site.
    i would do the same in person - when it comes to things i care about, be it behind a keyboard or in person, i am not shy.

ciao

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Are you for real?

Dude, don't wank. If you don't like the thread, don't open it up--it's that simple. Me, I'll take a trainer, a tire, a tube, a patch...need I go on. With all the coin we drop on bike crap, receiving a free bike related item is welcome.
    ________
    Oregon marijuana dispensary
    Last edited by filly; 02-11-2011 at 03:38 PM.

The web is a MUT
    Oct 2003

Question Found the link - never mind

(nevermind, didn't find the link before, but now I did. computer issues, operator error, your choice. 'scuse me now while I go walk into a few doorjambs.)
    Last edited by treebound; 02-26-2004 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Found it

aka Zonic Man
    I think this promotion is great. Good job Gregg and Forrest for coming up with something that can HELP (gives a trainer away) readers of this site AND promote business by advertising a bit.

I'm all for that stuff if it helps keep the boards open and these guys' paychecks valid.

As for what Doug said, I agree.....although many times in person, face to face, and via email, I am a bit too harsh! (Right Gregg? Who loves ya baby....)

Administrator
    (sigh)

Jed Peters quote:

"As for what Doug said, I agree.....although many times in person, face to face, and via email, I am a bit too harsh! (Right Gregg? Who loves ya baby....)"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

1upUSA?

I really don't have an opinion on weather this forum should be used to promote contests, but if you read the reviews on this trainer, they all sound like they were written by the same person, (the best $300 I ever spent!). The only reviews that donít sound like the vast majority are the ones that give it a less than stellar review. Before buying one of these I would read all the reviews.

scruffy nerf herder

I dont care as long as I win... I somehow bent my current one.

make money however you can gregg.

Rock on.
    so sayeth the funk....

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The RBR Lounge. You won't ever find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. We must be cautious."

hi, I'm Larry

Thanks for keeping the site interesting

I agree, I can let ads come and go but it's a problem worth pointing out when they don't go away and stick to the top of things.

Stick to your guns.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Well I wish I knew about this earlier, since I recently bought a 1uptrainer for 300 and I now see that it's $270 for RBR members. And to the person saying wtf, etc. not only are you overreacting, but you have no right to tell gregg how to run his forums. Not only is this an offer that would appeal to quite a few members, but it costs money to run these forums. You pay nothing to use this website, and yet it costs both time and money to operate it. Instead of crying foul, I think a show of gratitude is in order. Or at the very least, if you don't like it, don't click.