Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017

would you buy your bike again?

Which companies make quality bikes? One way to tell may be if bike owners would buy that same bike again. Would you list your bike (make and model) and say yes (buy again) or no. The reason doesn't have to be given unless you want to tell us.
    My bike is a Trek Verve 2 and YES, I'd buy it again.

Darling of The Lounge
    Which one? I have multiple bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    It depends on many factors, one of is WHY am I buying another bike?
    - if I just had money to burn and buy the exact same bike, then no, I'd try a different type of bike or just something different that I liked
    - If I had money to burn and upgrade to a new version of my bike (assuming they still did, which they don't), then no, i'd just upgrade the parts instead.
    - if it got stolen or broke, then maybe, I do like my bike, how it rides and how cool I think it is, but in all likely hood I'd probably buy something else to try something else. I wouldn't NOT buy it again though, it would depend on availability and price and circumstances.

tl/dr i have a Look 675 Light, I'd be happy to buy again, but in all probability I wouldn't I'd try something else [cost/interest/material].
    All the gear and no idea

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I suppose saying that you'd buy a certain bike again means that you're satisfied with it. But it also means that you've accepted the limitations of the bike. Others may not. So 'buying something again' isn't necessarily an indication of quality.

For example, one of my two bikes is a $159 Nashbar. That bike fulfills its purpose very well. So yes, I would buy it again. But it's definitely not a quality bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Generally speaking no because I like to try new things. I may break the rule soon by buying back the Tarmac tho. Specialized make some stupidly expensive , miserably painted and boring at riding bikes,but it's the only brand my body feels 100% accustomed sitting on one.
    The fun I'm having on my TCR simply put ashame on my former 2015 Tarmac sworks, still there is something in these Tarmacs that it's always a step ahead....
    Last edited by Devastazione; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:54 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    No offence but the answer to your question would actually have very little to do with the quality of the bike brand.
    Sure a certain percentage of people will have 'problems' with the frame but not liking a bike generally has to do with being inappropriate for the rider and/or the rides they do not the quality of the frame. Note I say frame not bike because that's the only think the brand has responsibility for. So if someone buys a Baum with microshift and complains about it due to shifting that has nothing to do with the quality Baum produces. By the same token if someone buys a Unknown Ebay Brand bike with Campy SR and seat/bars and Geo that's perfect for them they'll love it, while it lasts, but that doesn't say Unknown Ebay Brand makes good bikes.

Anyway, I have a Seven and if it got totaled or whatever I'd buy the same thing tomorrow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    No, I already have one!
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Factor O2 hell yes!

Banned forever.....or not
    Does Trek make good bikes???.........Ps. I would by my frame again.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Fuji SL Disc- Absolutely. It's a great value and rides really nice. It reminds me of my old Cervel R3 with a stiffer bb and a more reasonable price tag.

Ridley Fenix AL- Probably not. It's a really solid backup/indoor trainer bike, but it rides fairly rough after mile 30 or so. The fit on Ridleys also isn't ideal for me. I think there are better options in the same price range (Allez or Caad, etc.).

My next project is a gravel or mtb.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Older bike is a Wilier Cento Uno SR, I thought I would upgrade to the newer Cento 10 Air Alabarda. So I guess you could say that I would buy the brand again, but why would you want to purchase something that you already have.

BTW, I am thinking about taking the Campy EPS off the Cento 10 and putting it on the old SR. That bike is just spectacular in ways the new one will never be. Sometimes an "upgrade" is just not.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    FWIW, I don't think the OP is asking whether you would buy a second bike that is exactly like the one you have, I think he is asking, if you had it to do all over again, would you still buy the bike you have now, knowing what you know about it at this point.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    FWIW, I don't think the OP is asking whether you would buy a second bike that is exactly like the one you have, I think he is asking, if you had it to do all over again, would you still buy the bike you have now, knowing what you know about it at this point.
    That's correct. Thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Yes - 2015 Fuji Transonic 2.3, although I might consider stepping up to Di2 instead of the mechanical Ultegra.
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzchip View Post
    That's correct. Thank you.
    You're welcome.

Road Warrior
    Tough question; I would absolutely re-buy my Domane SLR6, the Surly Cross Check and the TST Ti-Sport Frame. I wouldn't buy the ole Diamond Back mountain bikes as the quality is now suspect. I would change a few things, frame size and wheels but all in all I have be really happy

Proud luddite
    I love my Pelizzoli (Corsa GP frame) so I would definitely buy another just like it. Unfortunately I heard their quality has dropped off in recent years so it doesn’t look like I can get a repeat even if I wanted one.

Cooper1960
    Oct 2010
    I would buy another C50 if I came across a deal I couldn't pass up or if my current C50 asplodes and needs replaced.

But as much as I love my C50 that would never stop me from buying another bike or brand, some day I may find something I like better.
    Miles of agony for moments of ahhh!

RoadBikeReview Member
    If there wasn't a new and improved version of the Tarmac I would have no problem buying my SL5 again. Before that I was on a first gen Venge which I managed to crack the frame using it on the trainer (my own fault), and if at the time of the incident I hadn't been thinking of getting a tarmac as a second bike I would have had no problem getting another first gen venge.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think he is asking, if you had it to do all over again, would you still buy the bike you have now, knowing what you know about it at this point.
    The roadie, definitely. The mtb, I'm not sure; it has design aspects that might serve other riders better than me. Having said that, I sure ride it enough.

With both I began making wholesale component changes after one year of ownership.
    It's Mueller Time

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    With what I know now, I probably would not buy a Fuji SL 2.3 again. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike, and a great value for the money. However, as another poster noted, I just feel more comfortable on Specialized and Cannondale.
    "When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

RoadBikeReview Member
    Tough question to answer and would likely produce conflicting results based on the person.

For example, I previously owned two Kuota brand bikes, a Kredo and a KOM. The Kredo frame cracked after 2.5 years and the KOM frame cracked after 1 year. I would definitely tell you that I would never recommend this, no defunct, brand. However, I know a guy that still has his 2007 Kuota Kredo and loves it. So, personal experience can be helpful or not. It is essentially a study with an N of 1. Not many studies with an N of 1, because they don't mean much.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Yep, just like with cars. However, hearing similar stories from a large number of people can give you a sense of the product. Consumer Reports does a "frequency of repair" chart on cars, but there is nothing comparable for bikes. Often, the experience of people who own the product is all you have to use as a guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by jspharmd View Post
    Tough question to answer and would likely produce conflicting results based on the person.

For example, I previously owned two Kuota brand bikes, a Kredo and a KOM. The Kredo frame cracked after 2.5 years and the KOM frame cracked after 1 year. I would definitely tell you that I would never recommend this, no defunct, brand. However, I know a guy that still has his 2007 Kuota Kredo and loves it. So, personal experience can be helpful or not. It is essentially a study with an N of 1. Not many studies with an N of 1, because they don't mean much.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why wouldn't I?

Seriously I'm not trolling here, however until someone makes a better MTB, CX or Road bike than Specialized I'll keep the ones I have.

2018 S-Works Venge Vias Di2 Disc
    2018 S-Works Epic
    2017 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR 29"
    2015 Specialized Crux Expert

I am not gonna hate on other brands, I just feel that Specialized makes a better bike than the others out there. When someone steps up their game perhaps I'll look at other brands.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I refuse to overthink this. My current #1 bicycle, a Bianchi Infinito CV, so perfectly fits my needs and wants, I'd easily buy it again if circumstances demanded it. Sure, it'd be great if they made the frame in a size that fitted me more precisely, but my current bicycle still fits me more than good enough.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast