RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

Zipp 343s ~ Aeolus 5.0/6.5

I posted this a few weeks ago in Wheels and Tires but didn't get much response...

Zipp has the 343s, bridging the gap between 303s and 304s, the former on the front and latter on the rear.

Could the same concept be applied using the Bontrager Aeolus wheels with a 5.0 on the front and a 6.5 on the rear? Same advantage like the Zipps or would one want to stick with a pair of 5.0s or 6.5s?

RoadBikeReview's Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by waterloo
    I posted this a few weeks ago in Wheels and Tires but didn't get much response...

Zipp has the 343s, bridging the gap between 303s and 304s, the former on the front and latter on the rear.

Could the same concept be applied using the Bontrager Aeolus wheels with a 5.0 on the front and a 6.5 on the rear? Same advantage like the Zipps or would one want to stick with a pair of 5.0s or 6.5s?
    There's no reason you couldn't, that I can think of at least.
    -estone2

Lemur-ing
    Ditto.

But somehow after seeing the Aeolus 6.5 in person, I don't like it as you can actually press the deep rims in. With that, I'm looking at Zipp 404s and the Lightweights. Not sure on which yet but yeah.