Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Last edited by Migen21; 04-08-2017 at 10:11 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Meanwhile there are actual bike races happening where people are, you know, actually riding their bikes outside.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Last edited by Migen21; 04-08-2017 at 10:10 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    If you don't like, and don't want to watch it, that's fine - but why the negative posts in this thread?
    Discussion board, brah.

Perhaps you're so caught up in the imaginary world of fake bike riding that you aren't aware of the real races going on? Like Paris-Roubaix tomorrow?

Just a little fyi.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalbiker View Post
    Discussion board, brah.

Perhaps you're so caught up in the imaginary world of fake bike riding that you aren't aware of the real races going on? Like Paris-Roubaix tomorrow?

Just a little fyi.
    hey on my Neo... I can feel the cobbles..................

NOT

The Slow One.
    Cycligent Virtual Racing World Cup

Presented by Crystal Light

Whatever keeps you spinning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    The 80's were a sick decade

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Brah"... that was embarrassing.

Wow, this thread is getting kinda serious. I mean, not in an actual way like a debate between people in person... but with the incredibly strong point & counterpoint back & forth you'd think this discussion was an actual thing! I guarantee if one of you just pushes really hard for the finish, you'll win this thing!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    "Brah"... that was embarrassing.
    Fits perfectly with a line of questioning concerning a discussion of a topic on a discussion board.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can't believe this is an actual discussion, let alone worth 6 pages. Lately I have been in the anti-zwift camp, because at the end of the hour or two you have done a lot of work and gone nowhere.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pittcanna View Post
    I can't believe this is an actual discussion, let alone worth 6 pages. Lately I have been in the anti-zwift camp, because at the end of the hour or two you have done a lot of work and gone nowhere.
    pitt, you are done a complete 180. Why do I get the feeling that in 3 months you will be telling us you are burned out on outdoor cycling and can't wait to get back to Zwift

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    pitt, you are done a complete 180. Why do I get the feeling that in 3 months you will be telling us you are burned out on outdoor cycling and can't wait to get back to Zwift
    Because even getting hit by a car didn't make me go back to zwift.

The Slow One.
    I really like Zwift. That's probably a good thing, because thanks to an early season illness, I'm going to be on Zwift a little bit longer than I anticipated. Once my health returns, the Zwift computer and the trainer will collect dust until late fall.

That said, more than 2 hours on Zwift is more than I ever want to endure. Most of my rides are 60-90min. Get what I need to do accomplished and get on with the rest of my day. I'd burn out too if I did more hours on the same few courses, grinding away the hours going nowhere. Zwift is a distraction, the most effective one I've ever seen, but even it has its limits.

Lately the number of riders online has dropped to about a quarter of what they were a month ago at the same times. This is likely due to the season transition in the hemispheres. The North is ramping up and the south is winding down. Given a choice, most people opt for the open road.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    I really like Zwift. That's probably a good thing, because thanks to an early season illness, I'm going to be on Zwift a little bit longer than I anticipated. Once my health returns, the Zwift computer and the trainer will collect dust until late fall.

That said, more than 2 hours on Zwift is more than I ever want to endure. Most of my rides are 60-90min. Get what I need to do accomplished and get on with the rest of my day. I'd burn out too if I did more hours on the same few courses, grinding away the hours going nowhere. Zwift is a distraction, the most effective one I've ever seen, but even it has its limits.

Lately the number of riders online has dropped to about a quarter of what they were a month ago at the same times. This is likely due to the season transition in the hemispheres. The North is ramping up and the south is winding down. Given a choice, most people opt for the open road.
    I got on Friday (it was raining outside) and was surprised how quickly the number of riders online has dropped off. I rode up the mountain alone. I am mostly done with Zwift now that spring has arrived but I may find myself on it a few times if we get a stretch of bad weather. I rarely stay on Zwift longer than an hour but during that time I am normally working pretty hard

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post

Funny, I said that would happen a month or two ago and Mgen21 asserted I was "showing my lack of knowledge of how the platform worked" and how I shouldn't post about something I have no experience with. Of course, this was all done while being completely oblivious to how duplicitous his claims were since he was talking about racing when he had no idea about that.

Anyway, guess we'll have to wait until the bad weather hits again next fall for all of the "seriousness" to start again in earnest.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    I remember when it wasn't possible to have a post about any sort of indoor training without you giving a full run-down of every single available option.

Seems you've come around to seeing it for what it is: a means to an end at best.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalbiker View Post
    I remember when it wasn't possible to have a post about any sort of indoor training without you giving a full run-down of every single available option.

Seems you've come around to seeing it for what it is: a means to an end at best.
    Zwift is just a mindless distraction, and i got caught up in it. I won't say its a bad product per se, but it is a product trying to serve a need/want.

I could have spent the money on better winter gear, a fat bike, a 26er, lights, a external powermeter, etc etc or I could have gotten etap on my road bike.

The only thing i did was burn myself out.

The outdoors makes cycling better, and makes me cycle better.

My resolution came late this year and i am going to try to make till the winter without getting on the zwift/trainer and shoot for a true 5,000 miles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Pitt, there is nothing inherently wrong with Zwift or any other similar product/service like CycleOps Virtual trainer, Bkool, Tacx, TrainerRoad, etc.

The issue is HOW and WHY you use it. You threw yourself well into the deep end and submerged yourself into it. That was your choice and not a reflection on what Zwift offers. You chose to do all those rides on your own.

IIRC, in one of your many threads on Zwift and indoor riding, one or more person on here predicted your current admission to burnout. It is a fine line to walk depending on what you want to get out of using something like Zwift.

It is a tool for training, fun and distraction. Using it in excess will lead to problems, no different if you do the same with outside riding. Overuse is overuse no matter where you do it.

Admit that it was your actions that lead to your current situation, not the fault of any software.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Zwift is just a mindless distraction, and i got caught up in it. I won't say its a bad product per se, but it is a product trying to serve a need/want.

The only thing i did was burn myself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    It is a tool for training, fun and distraction. Using it in excess will lead to problems, no different if you do the same with outside riding. Overuse is overuse no matter where you do it.

Admit that it was your actions that lead to your current situation, not the fault of any software.
    It seems like that's what he did.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Yes, to a point.

But calling it a "mindless distraction" seems an attempt to shift blame a bit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456