Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm in the process of building it up with 160/140. I'm confident that any bike with flat mounts should handle 160.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I picked up a new Giant TCR Advance Disc a few weeks ago and have several 70 mile rides on it. The bike feels incredibly responsive, however, feels just a little harsher overall than the Scott Foil it's replacing.

I did make a few changes to the bike:

• Specialized Power Pro saddle
    • Power2Max Rotor cranks
    • ITM X-Zero stem (It's very hard to find a 1 1/4" stem with more drop than the stock stem
    • Kore headset top cap that's 5mm lower than the stock cap

The bike as seen weighs 17.1 pounds (including pedals, cage, computer), which isn't too bad for an Ultegra Di2, disc brake equipped bike.

When the tires wear out, I'll probably replace with Bontrager R3 TLR tires, which are tubeless tires ... though about going back to tubes, but as many flats as I get from road staples, I'm going to keep the tubeless set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone riding the 2017 TCR disc?-giant-tcr-disc.jpg  
    Bikes:
    • 2017 Giant TCR Advanced Disc
    • 2017 Fuji Norcom Straight 2.1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    I picked up a new Giant TCR Advance Disc a few weeks ago and have several 70 mile rides on it. The bike feels incredibly responsive, however, feels just a little harsher overall than the Scott Foil it's replacing.

I did make a few changes to the bike:

• Specialized Power Pro saddle
    • Power2Max Rotor cranks
    • ITM X-Zero stem (It's very hard to find a 1 1/4" stem with more drop than the stock stem
    • Kore headset top cap that's 5mm lower than the stock cap

The bike as seen weighs 17.1 pounds (including pedals, cage, computer), which isn't too bad for an Ultegra Di2, disc brake equipped bike.

When the tires wear out, I'll probably replace with Bontrager R3 TLR tires, which are tubeless tires ... though about going back to tubes, but as many flats as I get from road staples, I'm going to keep the tubeless set up.
    I actually already replaced my tires with the R3 TLRs and it has really improved the ride. Much smoother and more comfortable. I also find they inspire a lot more confidence through the corners

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HSracer View Post
    I actually already replaced my tires with the R3 TLRs and it has really improved the ride. Much smoother and more comfortable. I also find they inspire a lot more confidence through the corners
    Did you go with the 23c or 25c tires? If you went with the 25c, are the wider/taller than the stock Giant tires?

Just curious ... the stock Giant 25c tires look more like 23c tires.
    Bikes:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Did you go with the 23c or 25c tires? If you went with the 25c, are the wider/taller than the stock Giant tires?

Just curious ... the stock Giant 25c tires look more like 23c tires.
    The bontragers actually come in 24c and 26c. I went with the 26c and there was quite a noticeable bump in width and total volume.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HSracer View Post
    The bontragers actually come in 24c and 26c. I went with the 26c and there was quite a noticeable bump in width and total volume.
    Thanks for the reply ... I'll probably go with the 24c's when the time comes as I'm happy with the size of the current tires.

Granted, larger tires have more volume for lower pressure and a better ride overall, but the current tires (though they are rough riding) are fine with me ... 4 hour rides are not that big of a deal.

Going tubeless is new to me ... so trying to find the right tire to replace the stock ones with has been a bit of a guessing game, however, I have a lot of experience with Bontrager tires using the R series on my TT bikes and AW series on my winter bike.
    Bikes:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456