Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ceugene View Post
    I've used three different rims (Venn Rev 35, Velocite Aileron, ENVE SES 5.6 Disc) and four different tires (Schwalbe Pro One, S-Works Turbo, Bontrager R3, Zipp Tangente Speed RT.)

I've only needed to use more than a track pump once...for a particularly tight Schwalbe Pro One. I'm not even sure I needed to do that because I didn't bother lubricating the bead with a soapy solution. The soap probably would have been enough to allow the bead to move out of the center channel.

I cant imagine ever going back to tubes. I don't even carry a tube on my rides anymore. Anything that doesn't seal immediately gets sealed by a DynaPlug.
    Well,it must be something with Giant SLR wheels then. Even made it to scratch the the carbon rim with the tire lever..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Well,it must be something with Giant SLR wheels then. Even made it to scratch the the carbon rim with the tire lever..
    I had issues as well using Bontrager r3 tubless tires. It ended up working after I took the valve core out and pinched the tire in so that the beads were sitting as close to the center of the rim as possible. Spray the rim with simple green and then hit it with 120+ psi from a compressor and they seated tight up. I hardly have issues with my mtb tubeless and these rims are indeed a pain, but it will work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I highly recommend these. I haven't had one issue. Mine are paired with a set of Chain Reaction's house wheels (Prime).

Review: Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tyre | road.cc
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    May I ask why you guys don't consider building up your bikes instead of buying complete? Here in Southern California, I can get the green TCR Advanced SL frameset for $2300 out the door. Giant full carbon cockpit for $380, OTD. Purchase Dura Ace Di2 9150 through UK retailers for around $2100. Thats less than $5000 without wheels and saddle. Comparable TCR Advanced SL 0 Disc Di2 complete bike is $10,200.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolite View Post
    May I ask why you guys don't consider building up your bikes instead of buying complete? Here in Southern California, I can get the green TCR Advanced SL frameset for $2300 out the door. Giant full carbon cockpit for $380, OTD. Purchase Dura Ace Di2 9150 through UK retailers for around $2100. Thats less than $5000 without wheels and saddle. Comparable TCR Advanced SL 0 Disc Di2 complete bike is $10,200.
    What makes you thinks some of us haven't? I have actually built more bikes up than I have purchased complete bikes over the years. I know some people on here built their TCRs up from the frameset as well. Anyway, it usually comes down to the amount of time and energy one has to devote to the cause. That and when a bike is in a shop, you can lay the cash down one day and then be riding that bike the next. That's appeals to some people as well. There can be a lot of waiting, bargain hunting, and saving up involved when it comes to building a dream bike and some people just aren't into that. Sometimes I am in the mood for it and other times I am not.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Saw this being built up at a local Giant shop. Bike was gorgeous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone riding the 2017 TCR disc?-img_0719.jpg   Anyone riding the 2017 TCR disc?-img_0718.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolite View Post
    Saw this being built up at a local Giant shop. Bike was gorgeous.
    That's actually better looking than I expected it to be. Pretty cool actually. It's tough to beat the price for a top of the heap frameset as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    That's actually better looking than I expected it to be. Pretty cool actually. It's tough to beat the price for a top of the heap frameset as well.
    Yeah I didn't think much of that green color until I saw it myself. That bike was completed with e-tap, and Enve Aero Cockpit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    I have had very good luck with the Hutchison Sectors on my Defy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Wow, the green looks great, better than I expected

Updated to the Sram Centerline X rotors 160mm f/r and with a few hundred miles it is so far so good eliminating the pulsing. No pinging as was mentioned earlier, but the occasional squeak or squeal as I come to a stop, it is not bad and I can totally live with it. I think they look better than the Shimano rotors too

Went permanent with the black paint too

Last edited by MoPho; 5 Hours Ago at 10:55 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678