Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast
    Team Tom's

Exclamation Giant Bike Pic Thread

Post em if you got em!

My 2010 TCR Advanced 2

Garmin Edge 500 and possibly different wheels to come soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

Team Tom's
    So why is it not stickied as the others are for other manufacturers?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    It's a crappy photo, but these are my Giant road bikes -

Some of my other bikes are here -

2009 Giant Trance X2, 2009 Avanti Competitor 1.0, 2009 Giant Anthem X0, 2010 Giant Defy Advanced 2, 2010 Giant TCR Advanced SL 1, 2010 Felt F3, 2010 EMC2 Equip R1.2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Losiho

which do you ride more.....the tcr or the defy?

how would you characterize the ride differences?

I have a defy advanced 1. I did a crit recently and enjoyed it more than expected. I had not planned to do much racing when I purchased the Defy.

if I keep up with the racing I am wondering if I should get a more race oriented geometry.

thanks for any insight into the bikes that you can share.

thats a very impressive fleet you are caring for!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Barking Dog - the bikes hanging on the wall are mine, the 2 bikes on the floor in the forground of the 2nd pic are my sister and father's bikes.

The blue & black bike second from the left (in between the Trance & Anthem) is a 2009 TCR Alliance 1 that I traded in for my current Advanced SL 1 (it's an older pic).

Handling characteristics - the TCR Alliance is/was a half alloy/carbon frame, and just like other alloy road bikes, it transmits every single bump and painted white line through the frame and your body. It was a little unsettling (to me) at speeds over 40km/h.

The Defy is all carbon with 105 black running gear. The top tube is shorter and the head tube is longer. It also has a longer wheelbase. You can definetly notice the difference when you swap between the Defy & TCR. You sit much more relaxed in the Defy, and it's easier to go faster (if that makes sense). It's also not as responsive as the TCR when tipping it into corners. But it's relatively light (I think it's under 8Kgs with the wheels I have on) and has a compact crank, so it's easy to ride anywhere (95% of the time in the big ring).

The Advanced SL is a lovely frame - all the responsiveness of the TCR Alliance, but the frame is more compliant and forgiving over bumps. It's twitchy, responsive and fun - but not scary. My LBS weighed the Advanced SL1 in their shop - it's 6.7kg without pedals. Definitely feels like it on the road too.

I'm doing a 70km recreational ride in September - I plan to ride the Defy, simply because it's a little more comfortable for those sorts of rides. And the Defy is definitely "raceable".

I picked up my SL1 about 4 weeks ago, so at the moment I'm riding it more because it's new and I'm getting used to it
    2009 Giant Trance X2, 2009 Avanti Competitor 1.0, 2009 Giant Anthem X0, 2010 Giant Defy Advanced 2, 2010 Giant TCR Advanced SL 1, 2010 Felt F3, 2010 EMC2 Equip R1.2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    OK, I know I have posted this already in another post but I have to put it here also. I really love this bike...
    Giant Advanced SL3

Last edited by JimT; 05-07-2010 at 09:36 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    How do you guys like the Ultegra 6700 shifters? I have Ultegra SL on my TCR and absolutely love it and I have read the weakness of 6700 is the shifters.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Love'em but they are pretty much the same as my '07 ultegra's, no better no worse-jmho....

JimT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Earlier in the year i purchased the Giant Defy Advanced 1 2009 model it came with the Ultegra 6600 Group.
    I am happy overall but still working to get the rear shifting "dialed in"
    Last edited by BarkingDog; 05-12-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Team Tom's
    So far, the shifting on the 6700 for me has been flawless... Compared to other Ultegra it may not be as nice, but it's the only Ultegra I know and I moved up from Tiagra shifters and 105 derailures... So I'm in heaven.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hate to say it this way but it's all about aesthetics, if 2010 Ultegra didn't have the shift cables under the bar/tape I would have gone with another group or brand that did. I just refuse to buy another bike with shifter cables that poke out from the levers.

might as well add a pic to this thread as well...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010

My new TCR Advanced SL3

Here's a pic of my new bike. 2010 TCR Advanced SL3 ISP with Carbon Cosmics

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lemond75; 05-31-2010 at 02:13 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

My 09 TCR Advanced SL ISP

Bought the frame and built up with full sram red. This bike =speed, speed, speed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Bike Pic Thread-100_0216.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Nice Job!!! Yes very fast and light....

RoadBikeReview Member

*Updated pic and setup

Still the used 2006 TCR C2, and I've been on upgrade fever. I'm usually against recommending the upgrade route, but decent deals and urges for more "exact" fit were killing me to go for it. Nonetheless, nearly everything has been made out for some functional benefit to myself, and it's more "mine".

2006 TCR C2 - Size L
    3T ARX Team stem (-17deg/120mm)
    Louis Garneau OEM seatpost (eh, got it for 20 bucks)
    Kool-Step Salmon brake pads (front)
    Performance/Forte Apollo rear wheel
    Performance/Forte derailleur pulleys
    RaceFace BB
    Rotor Q chainring (36t)
    Serfas Seca RS tires
    Shimano 105 5600 RD and chain
    Shimano PRO PLT Round Bars
    Shimano R700 Compact crankset
    Shimano Ultegra 6600 shifters and FD
    SRAM OG-1070 12-26 cassette
    SRAM bartape
    True Temper Wolf CL fork

Green tires for green helmet. meh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Bike Pic Thread-dsc00676-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Ventruck; 10-16-2010 at 02:02 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    That's some serious drop from the seat to the bars, your back must hate you

cheers

Ralph

Team Tom's
    No kiddin! That looks like a track bike in that configuration!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz
    No kiddin! That looks like a track bike in that configuration!
    Got that comment from a neighbor also (well, called me a "Velo Trackstar" ) - ha! I heavily considered changing the bars solely to fix the bike's "image" once I lowered the stem. But in the end, I like how my hands grip these bends, and even on hills the setup has been working out for the past 3-4 months. Have a 75 mile charity even this week to test things further.

And ralph1, my long-ish arms and flexibility let me assume that position without any strain. Been somewhat lusting for it as well since I've felt so cramped and upright on my previous hybrid. I could've extended my body with another 30-40mm of stem instead of the drop, but eh. I'll take the drop while I'm still able to.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Giant TCR Advanced 2

Here is my new bike for this year!!!!!

Bike: 2010 Giant TCR Advanced 2

Wheels: 2010 Easton EC90 Carbon clinchers

Handlebars: 2010 Easton EC90 Aero bars

Weight: 17.43lbs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    FWIW - I just weighed my bikes. The TCR SL 1 with Ultegra 6700 pedals, bidon cages and Sigma computer weighs 7.2Kg. My Defy with 105, cages, Sigma compter, R540 pedals and RS80 clinchers weighs 8.2Kg.

T K
    wasssabi
    Quote Originally Posted by roadboy
    Bought the frame and built up with full sram red. This bike =speed, speed, speed
    That is one sexy beast right there!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Here's mine on a recent ride to Mendocino...

the other white meat

2010 Defy Advanced 1

Got this bike back in April. I've heard they are hard to come by. This is my first composite bike in many years. Used to have a Trek OCLV back in the 90's and hated it. This one, I love. Awesome ride quality. Had a Klein Quantum Race and it was fast, but I fely every crack in the pavement. This is amazingly smooth. Light @ 16.4lbs. And absolutely beautiful to look at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Bike Pic Thread-dsc03942.jpg  
    "The wire is life. Everything else is waiting"
    -Karl Wallenda-

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2004
    '06 TCR Advanced. DA wheelset, Conti GP400S tires, MIchelin tubes, Halo skewers, FSA Team carbon crankset, Ultegra derailleurs/brakes/etc, KMC X10SL chain, USE carbon post/WTB saddle, ITM bar/stem, Cinelli gel tape, Forte mag/ti pedals, Garmin 500, Arundel Dave-O carbon cages, Chain Tickler, etc.

Last edited by been200mph; 08-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/48...600x600Q85.jpg'05 Giant NRS C1 & '06 Giant TCR Advanced
    '68 Schwinn Typhoon

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast