RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

Letís make a point about Giant own saddles

Ok been riding intensively on my Giant Sl Forward saddle and still have mixed feelings about it. I do nit experience numbness whatsoever but my bones starts to ďstingĒ after 50/60 kms. I wonder if itís a matter of getting used to it since iíve started riding again a month and a half ago after 5 months of stop but I take these breaks every year and usually a month and a half itís enough to have any pain disappear,at least with my usual Specialized saddle,but placing a Specialized saddle on a giant feels like blasphemy to me....lol..

RoadBikeReview Member
    My Giant came with a Fizik saddle which was decent, but hardly great. Recently put on a Specialized Power saddle and wow what a big improvement for me. Anyway, I don't care what saddle brand is on my bike as long as my ass is happy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    My Giant came with a Fizik saddle which was decent, but hardly great. Recently put on a Specialized Power saddle and wow what a big improvement for me. Anyway, I don't care what saddle brand is on my bike as long as my ass is happy.
    Iíve ended up buying a 2018 Fizik saddle this morning,feeling and shape is almost identical to my Specialized Toupe saddle but due to a bad cold I could not give it a test ride. The Fizik is 142 compared to the 130mm of my giant contact. The reason why giant placed a 130 mm saddle on a ML size bike itís a very poor choice,maybe they do their body tests on some skinny and tall Chinese riders. Canít wait to test my new saddle tomorrow,if things will go wrong Iím gonna solve my mental limitations and place the good old Toupe.

Oct 2007
    I've just got a TCR SL with the SL forward saddle, fairly happy with the saddle apart from an annoying squeaking on the forward section of it, any ideas for a fix ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I've had some squeaking on my SL forward on my TCR SL, too! Thought I didn't tighten it down enough. I like the saddle. Just about the same as my Arione.

Oct 2007
    Did you fix the noise by tightening it down more ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Did not totally fix it. I'm afraid to tighten the seat clamp too much!

Oct 2007
    yep, hard to say, I've just swapped to my old prologo for the time being, I might give my giant dealer a call.
    Thanks for your input!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Ok been riding intensively on my Giant Sl Forward saddle and still have mixed feelings about it. I do nit experience numbness whatsoever but my bones starts to ďstingĒ after 50/60 kms. I wonder if itís a matter of getting used to it since iíve started riding again a month and a half ago after 5 months of stop but I take these breaks every year and usually a month and a half itís enough to have any pain disappear,at least with my usual Specialized saddle,but placing a Specialized saddle on a giant feels like blasphemy to me....lol..
    This reviewer must have read your post before uploading his YouTube review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggj0bvhQlY

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGuy View Post
    This reviewer must have read your post before uploading his YouTube review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggj0bvhQlY
    Nice job, sir