hit it

Price Check Ė í01 Giant OCR 3

Iíve got a size small, Giant OCR 3 circa 2001 that Iím selling locally to a friend of a friend. I donít want to rip her off, but all the proceeds are going into my new bike fund.

The bike is my wifeís old bike. Itís basically stock and never really got ridden a lot. It spent a lot of time sitting around the garage until I met my wife. At that point, rather than just get that one up & running she bought a new bike.

Sora 8 speed, front & rear derís + STI shifters. Tektro brakes. Mismatched wheels as the front rim was dinged up pretty bad so I tossed on a spare I had. New tubes, newish tires (some wire bead Conti Ultra Race that I had in the garage). ďOasisĒ gel saddle that I had in the spares bin.

Everything is pretty much serviceable. Due to my lack of experience wrenching on bikes, I canít get it to shift into the small ring (cable tension issue maybe). However, the mid & big ring shift just fine & are adjusted so they donít rub on the front cage.

It is prime time bike selling season here in Houston, TX as the MS-150 training season has started. Any bike that is rideable will sell fast.

I told the girl $300, but am reconsidering as it was only a $600 bike new.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    I sold two of them four years ago for $300 Canadian each. You might want to reconsider and lower the price.

hit it
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed the potential buyer & told her it was hers for $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.