Thread: $21 Jerseys!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013

$21 Jerseys!

To delete.
    Last edited by marcusc; 02-14-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Apparently a touchy subject.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusc View Post
    (Paraphrased)
    My search returned CounterfeitExpress, a site I've done business with before. It's basically an Amazon/Ebay fixed price type sales system for cheap immoral people, but based in Asia. Please note that different sellers can vary immensely, so be wary if you go to a different link! Also, Canada has free trade with China, so no customs for me or anything like that.

4 days after I placed the order I got my jersey and I'm thrilled. It looks and feels exactly unlike the $100 one at the LBS.

Note that I haven't used it yet on the road, nor have I washed it. I thought I would post this now, since for $21 you don't have much to lose except your sense of pride and/or morality! It may also take a while to get wherever you are. I could follow up in the coming months if anyone actually gave a crap about counterfeit junk.

Congratulations for supporting counterfeiting and organized crime in China! Good job!
    Last edited by PlatyPius; 02-14-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Generally I would agree with you. I don't support counterfeit goods.

However, I'd be surprised if this wasn't made in the same factory as the other jerseys, from the same materials.

Try to view it as a good deal on a jersey, not just a brand name.

I would be surprised if you could find me a $21 jersey in this quality range. Everything else I saw looked like a cotton t-shirt.

Dr. Buzz Killington
    It must be a good deal. New Jersey has 21 counties.

>__>

<__<

O__O

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusc View Post
    Generally I would agree with you. I don't support counterfeit goods.

However, I'd be surprised if this wasn't made in the same factory as the other jerseys, from the same materials.

Try to view it as a good deal on a jersey, not just a brand name.

I would be surprised if you could find me a $21 jersey in this quality range. Everything else I saw looked like a cotton t-shirt.
    First off, it is counterfeit so if you don't support those goods why are you buying them? Second off it isn't made in the same factory.
    Check with your LBS more. I got a great deal on a bontrager jersey this year.

Personally though, I stalk ebay for team kit dumps. I've gotten some nice kits for way cheap by being patient. While I don't dig counterfeit stuff, I do like to use china to my advantage. I got a custom jersey made by eclipse cycling and it is fantastic, my only gripe is it isn't as form fitting as I'd like.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    haha, a more careful search has shown this has been asked/posted before. The responses have not changed over time.

SORRY to have opened up this whole "ethics/moral" debate....again. Still, I think this was a good buy and I'm happy with my purchase. I'm not selling/distributing this stuff, although I am promoting it, so I'll delete the post.

Regardless, thanks for the ebay tip, I'll try to find something from there. I'm not convinced it will ever be near what I found from this seller, I will see if they have any blank/originally branded shirts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    From two feet away they look like the real thing but the zippers are crap. I seldom wear the two I bought last year. I am done with knock offs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Do you guys know of any good sites for legit team kits? I'm just getting back into cycling and would love to get a team kit (jersey/shorts). Thanks!