RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

2011 Lapierre Sensium full carbon frameset- $679 (plus $39 shipping)

I know several people have mentioned the Texas Cyclesport 20% off coupon code (FAST). While digging around their site, I found a deal for a 2011 Lapierre Sensium carbon frameset brand-new. Retail is listed as $2,399, marked down to $849, then with the 20% off it comes out to $679.

I've had a hard time finding review on the the Lapierre's. Most of what I've read mentioned that the Sensium is less "racing oriented" and built for a little more comfort. Still seems to be a killer frameset for the price.

I'm interested in pulling the trigger on one, but cautious because I'm not as familiar with Lapierre, and I'm cautious on sizing as well. The 54cm I ride now is actually a 534mm T-T (Scattante XRL Comp), and the 52cm Sensium has a 547mm T-T, which seems like it may still be too big for me also. Stepping down to the 49cm gives it a 532mm T-T. Unfortunately the closest Lapierre dealer is a few hours drive from me.

Thought I'd post this to get any feedback, as well as share the deal for others:

http://www.texascyclesport.com/store...t=5394&image=2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Since I posted this, they have raised the price from $849 to $999, not sure if they would still honor the $849 price

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    They have a special code now "RBR9" that will reduce the price to $749 plus shipping.

Anyone with any feedback on this frameset though?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I bought one from them a few months ago when it was $1299.99. If you can get it for $749 I would do it without hesitation.

It is a Frame that is mainly better in longer distances. 100 mile rides it holds up great. The Fork is all Carbon. The Frame is as light as the Carbon Fork.

I saw the same Frame yesterday for $849 - but it had a Code Restriction at the Bottom. They must have had it as a Featured Item.

So if they are doing it at $749, I just might get another one. They are a good Company to deal with.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Sounds like a pretty positive review. I've been scouring looking for a full carbon frameset for the past month or so. I've seen plenty of used frames in the $600-900 range, but to get a new 2011 frame for that seems like a pretty good deal. They had the $849 price yesterday and the "FAST" code was working when I checked it, so I had the frameset in my cart for $679. The price has moved twice since then.

Do you know if I can put my existing Dura Ace 7800 Crank on this? This is my first build, so I'm not too sure how the different Bottom Brackets all work.

I'm very close to purchasing one....

Matnlely Dregaend
    It's an English bottom bracket shell so as long as you have an English threaded DA bottom bracket yes your crank will work.

$749 is darn tempting... thank god I'm broke right now!
    Last edited by DrSmile; 06-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Brifter" is the coolest cycling word

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I just spoke to Texas Cyclesports and they said they are selling these very quickly. The current price is $799 but they're about to mark them up to at least $849. I'm going to order mine tonight before the price goes up.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Quote Originally Posted by toddious View Post
    I just spoke to Texas Cyclesports and they said they are selling these very quickly. The current price is $799 but they're about to mark them up to at least $849. I'm going to order mine tonight before the price goes up.
    This sounds su"shill"iously suspicious. If a car salesman told me that about a car I'd run like hell. No Sensium for me!
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Brifter" is the coolest cycling word

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Not sure why this is suspicious. Many on this forum have ordered from TC without issues. He said that the $679 price that I thought I could get with the FAST code would not have processed entirely through the system, and that the cheapest they have offered them for was $749. He said the demand has been so great, and they are running out, so they are bumping the price up since they have had to order more (at a higher cost).

Regardless, $799 still seems like a very fair price for a brand new 2011 full monocoque frame with warranty. Disappointed that I missed out at $749- yes, but not worth passing up at $799 because of it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I would get it while you can at $799 that's a great deal. Their are few dealers out there That will not give people the heads ups on an upcoming price change. This is why a sale is called a SALE, it only lasts for so long.

I noticed that a few days ago they posted - LAST CHANCE Deal at this price.

So your still waiting 5 days????????????????????????? Even after they told you?????????????????

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I know, I know... I'm the worst at making decisions. Please let me know your input on the question I posed here: NEED HELP deciding on purchase regarding buying this frame, or selling my existing bike and buying something else.