RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

2XU Membrane (Poor Man's Assos 851)

ANyone try this jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2XU-Unisex-Membr...item45f8074f6c

At $69 worth it, I think. Mixed reviews...of course not as refined as Assos 851, but gotta love the pocket config. Not sure why Assos doesn't even copy itself and put those pockets on all its jackets. Assos sizing for sure.

JT

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have it. Sizing runs a bit small... I bought a size "large" and it runs between a medium and large if you wear LG or sugoi stuff.

The sizing is similar to Pearl Izumi which I find also runs small compared to LG and Sugoi.

Jacket is good. Membrane does as advertised. It does not leave you sweaty, but it does stop the wind going in. I bought it when PBK was carrying 2XU stuff. I think I paid about 90+ CDN and had a 15% discount code at the time.

The jacket is good for down to -1 celcius if you layer up inside. Which means defeet's baselayer, Nike dry fit long sleeve shirt, and a thin long sleeve jersey with fuzz on the inside. If you won't want to layer and just run a baselayer, it is good for around 5C to 7C temperatures. I like to dress warm when it's cold outside.

For the money I think it is an excellent buy. In terms of cold weather jackets I like it better than anything sugoi or LG has to offer, which are mainly the two brands I like to use.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the quick review. I picked one up on ebay for 69. Feels pretty good out of the box and the fit is great. Zips a bit sticky. Pockets great, just like Assos Airjack. Don't know why assos won't put this style pockets on all there jackets, not just the Airjack.

We'll see how it works outdoors.

Thanks...JT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jt2gt
    ANyone try this jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2XU-Unisex-Membr...item45f8074f6c

At $69 worth it, I think. Mixed reviews...of course not as refined as Assos 851, but gotta love the pocket config. Not sure why Assos doesn't even copy itself and put those pockets on all its jackets. Assos sizing for sure.

JT
    I think its worth it.