Code at checkout: RBR30

Here is a review:
    Bicycle .net :: Bike Vivant

Made in U.S.A.
    2012 Cervelo S5 Team
    2012 Felt Z6 (sold)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Has anybody used the shirts or the shorts from vivant? Just lookng for some type of review.
    Last edited by ctkeebler; 06-05-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ctkeebler View Post
    Has anybody used the shirts or the shorts from vivant? Just lookng for some type of review.
    Never heard of them before, but they look quite good for the $$. The pad in the shorts if from EIT, who supply the pads for Assos, de Marchi, EtxeOndo and others....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just ordered a pair of the long distance bibs
    After discount only 117.00
    Pretty good deal
    The bibs look like great quality
    Should be riding soon
    Will give review!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just wore the new bibs.
    After 28 mile ride in the wind at a 18 mile an hour pace my seat bone does not hurt at all.
    It actually feels better then my Assos UNO bibs. I like the Assos they were my favorite pair. But these bibs by Vivant are more comfortable after 28 miles.
    Let's see after 40 miles. The pad is firmer then the Assos so it felt different at first but after about 10 miles any notice was gone and I just concentrated on the wind issue. Nice fit nice overall bibs at a great price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks - just got a jersey from them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Wow, nice find. Just ordered my first pair of cycling shorts from them. I'll let you know how they perform. +1 rep ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    The jersey is legit - good quality, material and fit. No complaints here. Debating if I should get the bib shorts...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just ordered bibs and another jersey...code still works.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

Thumbs up

I wore the shorts for a group ride the other day and they performed well, very comfortable compared to gym shorts. I still have to get used to wearing them, but they are comfortable, don't bunch up, stay put, and flex with you without too much resistance. Once they find the ideal spot they stay there. Overall build quality is very good with no loose stitching anywhere. Maintenance is easy, just wash in cold water with like colors and line dry. Overall very nice shorts for an amazing price and likely beat any other entry level shorts (izumi quest or attack). Keep in mind these are my first pair of cycling shorts and I grabbed the less expensive model (STC-120S). USA made

probably going to be grabbing a jersey from them too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Really trying to be fair and honest without being partial about these bibs compared to my Assos UNO. I have ridden about 180 miles since the 12th when I wrote my last comment on these bibs. I have traded every other ride between the UNO bibs and the Vivant bibs. I am in need of another pair of bibs and want to be as objective as possible.
    The most important issue to me riding in so cal weather in the chamois, it may be different else where or to others but I don't want my butt to hurt.
    These Vivant bibs really do work great. I really like the UNO bibs but the cost!
    Todays ride i rode the Vivant bibs.
    I just got off my bike about 30 minutes ago and everything feels good. The ride was 28 Miles at avg. speed of 17.24 a little windy in one direction.
    The Assos bibs feel good too after every ride but the Vivant bibs have a different kind of chamois. It feels firmer and distributes the weight evenly.
    My hind end does not hurt.
    I hope the sales is still on, if so there is enough reason for me to buy another pair. They seem to me to be very good bibs.
    Just my opinion
    Happy riding.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ordered 2 jerseys, they are a little big, if you are getting a jersey and want a more normal tight fitting jersey go down a size, it says on their website but I didn't know how much bigger they would be. If I never wore a tight fitting jersey before they would probably be ok but now I am used to a tighter jersey so I think I might exchange them.

The fabric quality is very nice and the the stitching is very good. The arms are not tight and are a little longer then my other jerseys (Hincapie and Squadra) and they don't have any grippers or anything which is more comfortable. The jersey also does not go up the neck which again is more comfortable. They are not a race jersey but a more relaxed fit, comfortable everyday or long ride jersey.
    2012 Cervelo S5 Team
    2012 Felt Z6 (sold)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just to follow up. I exchanged my 2 large jerseys for 2 medium. Definitely go down a size if you are used to regular bike jerseys. The exchange process was painless and they covered shipping. Customer service was great and the jerseys are very good quality. The code still appears to be working also.
    2012 Cervelo S5 Team
    2012 Felt Z6 (sold)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for bringing up this thread again. They look like good quality bike clothing and from everyone's experience they are great. As a newbie I went ahead and bought a bib and a jersey. I'm on the heavier side and hopefully I can tuck my muffin top within the bib! ;-)

Oh yeah, the code still works!