So. Calif.

AE Bike in MI : out of business

Although I'm in Calif, I've ordered many components from Alfred E. Bike (Kalamazoo, MI) over the years. Good service & prices, especially on Campy spare parts.

Their website had been static for a couple mos, I finally did some snooping around, and it appears they've gone out of business.

Their facebook page called it a "retirement liquidation" after 45 years.

Sad :-(

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    That is sad. Pretty sure I still have cables/housing I bought from them years ago.

What's weird is on their facebook page there's discussions in Dec. 2016 about renovations and a new showroom opening in Feb. And then in Jan. they sold off all their bikes and announced an auction of everything in Feb.

Alfred E. Bike
    December 14, 2016 ·
    As we prepare for some major building renovations we have pulled down this vintage early 20th century bike that's been on our wall, and are putting it out there to see if an appropriate buyer can be found.
    Alfred E. Bike
    December 20, 2016 ·
    ** Holiday Hours **
    We will be open from 10am - 2pm the remainder of this week. Closed on Christmas Eve. After Christmas, our building is undergoing some major renovations so we'll be closed during the month of January since it is the off-season anyway.
    Alfred E. Bike
    December 28, 2016 ·
    Just a reminder that our showroom is closed as our building undergoes some extensive renovations. Stay tuned to this page for further updates! We expect this to last through the month of January.
    Alfred E. Bike
    January 31 ·
    After 45 years serving the Kalamazoo cycling community, there’s finally a good excuse for Doug to retire and take up a new hobby - being a grandpa!
    That’s right, Alfred E. Bike is closing. We’ve already sold off all of our bikes, and all that's left is to get rid of the last parts, accessories, tools, and fixtures we still have. There will be an auction on February 9th on Biddergy
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V