RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

Amazon.com extra 20% off outdoor clothing

Hey guys and gals,
    Amazon has an extra 20% off outdoor clothing. I picked up two Sugoi RS Bibs for $64 each.

Amazon.com: Extra 20% Off Athletic Apparel Markdowns: Sports & Outdoors

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    For some reason I'm not getting the additional 20% on the final page when ordering.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    It's not on everything, just specific Amazon items.
    If you go through the list off of that link, it should work.

Shop by category.

I seem to be getting the issue also, i would call them to ask why that is. Since the sale is supposed to go to November 7th.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    same issue of no discount showing up, but customer service says they'd adjust the price after i ordered it.

picked up a campagnolo allegro jersey in lake.

good looking out, was about to buy the evandele from CompCyc when i checked this forum and saw this sale.

BONC founding member
    Jan 2009
    Man, that was like pulling teeth; getting them to honor the 20%, because it never showed up even though it was off their sale page. So tread carefully
    It's strange to consider that Civil War vets and atomic bombs
    overlapped each other in history by more than a decade

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    20% deals usually involve using their credit card FYI.

also, don't forgot fatwallet cash back on outdoor categories from time to time.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    You'll need to initiate a post-delivery confirmation refund of the 20% through the Amazon customer service e-mail option...
    I too ordered and did not receive the 20% discount. I talked w/ their telephone rep for 30 minutes trying to resolve it to no avail... She couldn't even find the sale until I had her Google it. She in turn referred me to their promotions department (outsourced to India). I received an e-mail from them requesting me to logon and explain the issue and provide all details on the items to be discounted, site URL involved, order #, etc. Turn around e-mail response following my input was quick and because items were processing they would wait until shipping confirmation to initiate the 20% refund. After receiving a shipping confirmation, I updated them of this fact through their customer service e-mail to initiate my refund. I received a refund initiated e-mail shortly thereafter stating that it should be reflected on my credit card account w/in 10 work days.
    So... If you want the discount you'll have to do some legwork on your own to get it!
    Last edited by Herkwo; 09-08-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    HERKWO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Funny how that is. I had no problem that evening and my invoice shows the discount. Wanting to order more, but what a hassle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    The instant chat option was pretty painless so it might be easier than calling. Took maybe 5 mind to get the price adjusted after ordering without having to wait on hold.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I also used the chat option and they will be giving a 20% credit once my items ship..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010

No go on the additinal 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris112 View Post
    I also used the chat option and they will be giving a 20% credit once my items ship..
    The promo did not apply to my order. Tried email and chat and was shot-down on the promo. Basically what they told is if you did not receive this promo thru an email sent your account, you're not getting it (even if you can access the promo page).

Those who were able to get it, good for you. Good luck to others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    ^ man that's disappointing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by linx View Post
    For some reason I'm not getting the additional 20% on the final page when ordering.
    Neither am I

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisGC View Post
    The promo did not apply to my order. Tried email and chat and was shot-down on the promo. Basically what they told is if you did not receive this promo thru an email sent your account, you're not getting it (even if you can access the promo page).

Those who were able to get it, good for you. Good luck to others.
    I got it off their site when searching for the bibs. I never got an email promotion.

Amazon.com: Sugoi Men's RS Bib Short: Sports & Outdoors

See the link above, when you click on it. Right now it's promoting Thule stuff, right below the Color choices. That evening it was promoting the additional 20% off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    hmmm i might need to look into this, I could you use a couple new bibs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    They shut down the promo page.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by human powered View Post
    They shut down the promo page.
    Promo may be shutdown but many of the items are now significantly reduced. For example, the Sugoi RS Bibs during promo were $64 after applying the 20% discount are now at the normal sale price of $68 for Med, Lg, and XL.
    Amazon.com: Sugoi Men's RS Bib Short: Sports & Outdoors
    Other items from the promo seem to be reduced as well...
    HERKWO

BONC founding member
    Jan 2009
    The shirts I got are still the same pre %20

It's strange to consider that Civil War vets and atomic bombs
    overlapped each other in history by more than a decade

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Herkwo View Post
    You'll need to initiate a post-delivery confirmation refund of the 20% through the Amazon customer service e-mail option...
    I too ordered and did not receive the 20% discount. I talked w/ their telephone rep for 30 minutes trying to resolve it to no avail... She couldn't even find the sale until I had her Google it. She in turn referred me to their promotions department (outsourced to India). I received an e-mail from them requesting me to logon and explain the issue and provide all details on the items to be discounted, site URL involved, order #, etc. Turn around e-mail response following my input was quick and because items were processing they would wait until shipping confirmation to initiate the 20% refund. After receiving a shipping confirmation, I updated them of this fact through their customer service e-mail to initiate my refund. I received a refund initiated e-mail shortly thereafter stating that it should be reflected on my credit card account w/in 10 work days.
    So... If you want the discount you'll have to do some legwork on your own to get it!
    Thanks for pointing all that out. I guess if the amount saved is not that big... then it may not worth all that hassle to get the 20% back.