RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

BMC Road Racer SL 01/Rival $1700

I'm not that familiar with BMC bikes, but this seemed like an ok deal from Competitive Cyclist:

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/ro...bike-6950.html

the fist
    it's a great bike,imho..

i bought the frame frm CC & spec'dit myself.
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Just ordered mine can't wait.

We're no better than mice
    Very hard to choose a frame size with these types of geometry. I ride a 57 cm top tube on a 56.5 cm centre to centre seat post. What did you guys order? That would be a large for me, but ....a 49.5 cm seat tube?

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayRide
    Very hard to choose a frame size with these types of geometry. I ride a 57 cm top tube on a 56.5 cm centre to centre seat post. What did you guys order? That would be a large for me, but ....a 49.5 cm seat tube?
    Well, I came off a Cannondale (granted a much older Cannondale) with a 58.5 top tube & 130mm stem.

I am 6'2" .

Both of my BMC are XL's and fit really nicely with a 120mm stem. I dont know your specs but I would say maybe the large.

The best course is to use the CC fit calculator and give them a call. CC is helpful.
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    I ordered the large. I am just shy of 6'. I have a soma right now with a 58.8 top tube and it always feels to big I never seem to be comfortable on it and I had a Spec. Roubaix with a 56.5 TT and always felt great on it. So I went with the L because it has a 56.5 TT. The sizes are pretty confusing though but always go with TT length it always seems to matter most for fit.

Two scoops of inertia.
    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayRide
    I'm in the same sort of conundrum. I need to figure out how to measure myself for the comp cycles thing. My current bike doesn't really fit me and I don't even have the geometry breakdown to compare, so translating what I feel to this thing is a bit nuts for someone as green as myself. I'm between medium and large sizes but considering my inseam I'm afraid I'll be looking through my legs while I ride with the size of the headtube on the medium.
    "Do I need to tell you what the f*ck you can do with an aluminum tube? ALUMINUM!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    The seat tube length really does not matter regarding fit. It is a factor of how much angle there is on the TT.
    Well trained....well rested......pick one!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    guide by TT. thats the important measure . bmc's have long tt. Im usually 51, I got a 49 on bmc

the fist
    rule of thumb I hear the most on BMC bikes: "they run larger"
    FlexiSexual