Coffee Lover

Cheapest 16g CO2 Cartridges

The best deal I've found so far is $39.95 + shipping for 30 CO2 Cartridges (16g) at Gas Depot

Has anyone found a better deal? Please share.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart
    The best deal I've found so far is $39.95 + shipping for 30 CO2 Cartridges (16g) at Gas Depot

Has anyone found a better deal? Please share.

Kmart 49 cents.

Coffee Lover
    16g or 12g?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Check out this ebay store:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Redrock-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I've bought from them before and they are very reliable

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    +1 on Redrock; great communications, fast shipping, good price

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Walmart sells 12g cartridges for about $.50 a pop ($7 for 15 carts). 12g will pump a 700x23 up to about 80 psi. They are in the hunting dept by paint guns.
    I don't give a damn for a man who can spell a word only one way.
    Mark Twain

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_in_SB
    Kmart 49 cents.
    Threaded?

RoadBikeReview Member
    +2 on redrock. Best deal around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why do you need 16g cartridges? Are you filling up mtn bike tires? I've used the 12g cartridges for years and they have plenty enough CO2 to fill up a road bike tire. I just bought a 15-pack at Wal-Mart for about $8. The last box that I bought cost about $5 and lasted me more than 5 years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Walmart is the place to get non-threaded cartridges. Just make sure you buy a CO2 pump that doesn't require threads....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Which pumps don't require threads? Most of the ones I've seen (including the one I have) use threads...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Here are the two I use.....

one is called superflate- its on my Road bike
    http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/suprflat.html

I run this on my mtn bike. I just throw in 3-4 cartigues into my camelbak and forget about it till I need it.....come to think of it, since I went tubeless three years ago, I haven't needed a pump!
    http://www.amazon.com/Innovations-Ul.../dp/B00064BSHO

I bought both of these at my LBS.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah...but that won't fit in my saddle bag.

I'm using the Innovations one with the small screw on head. The Ebay ones look to be a good deal.

Thanks for the reply.

Frog Whisperer
    another vote for redrock
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantDale
    Which pumps don't require threads? Most of the ones I've seen (including the one I have) use threads...
    My three pumps do not require threads. Two are Innovations. One is a Performance house brand. All were in the $10-15 range. The Innovations Ultraflate accepts both 12g and 16g threaded or not-threaded cartridges. All three fit in a jersey center pocket along with an inner tube, two cartridges, tire wrenches and $40 in case I need to buy new tubes or cab fare. Basically, it is spare tire in a pocket with an insurance policy.

The inner tube, cartridges and cash are kept in plastic (sweat proof) bag that doubles as cell phone case in case of rain. In addition, I keep a printed law citation that I hand to police officers when I get hit by cars. It reminds the officer of my rights as cyclist and motorists responsibilities. For Floridians, it is:

316.083 (1) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left thereof at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
    316.130: every driver of a vehicle shall exercise due care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian or any person propelling a human-powered vehicle and give warning when necessary.
    316.185 Special hazards.--The fact that the speed of a vehicle is lower than the prescribed limits shall not relieve the driver from the duty to decrease speed when approaching and crossing an intersection, when approaching and going around a curve, when approaching a hill crest, when traveling upon any narrow or winding roadway, or when special hazards exist or may exist with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or other roadway conditions, and speed shall be decreased as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle, or other conveyance on or entering the street in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.
    Section 316.125(2) - The driver of a vehicle emerging from an alley, building, private road or driveway shall stop the vehicle immediately prior to driving onto a sidewalk, and shall yield to all vehicles and pedestrians which are so close thereto as to constitute an immediate hazard.
    Section 316.1945(1)(b)6 - Except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, or in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or official traffic control device, no person shall stand or park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, in a bicycle lane, except momentarily to pick up or discharge a passenger or passengers.

Citations will vary by state. It comes in handy when you are trying to figure out where to send the bills and summations.
    I don't give a damn for a man who can spell a word only one way.
    Mark Twain