RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Colnago Arte - $1370

Sierra Trading Post has some great deals sometimes. They have Colnago Arte, which is the lower end aluminum Colnago, Ultegra 10 and Mavic Aksiums for $1370 with free shipping. The problem is that they list the sizes available as 46 and 49 (this is a sloping frame), and everywhere I can find says they never came in a '49'.

They also have a Principia, which is a good brand from Denmark, aluminum race bike with Campy Centaur and FSA wheels and crank, for $1470. I think a Centaur build kit is probably more than that.

The have other weird odds and ends like a DeRosa with Centaur for $2600, a low end Pinarello, and a Kestrel. A lot of clothes, too.

Life Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    The problem is that they list the sizes available as 46 and 49 (this is a sloping frame), and everywhere I can find says they never came in a '49'.
    The site as a geometry chart that describes the sizes. 49 is listed:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/8...Road-Bike.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Sign up for their mailing list, you will get coupons for 10-20% all the time.

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by moabbiker
    Sign up for their mailing list, you will get coupons for 10-20% all the time.

usually their coupons exclude sale items, bikes, and other high dollar products

RoadBikeReview Member

YEP, they got wise to me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FatTireFred
    usually their coupons exclude sale items, bikes, and other high dollar products
    I bought 2 bikes through STP using coupon codes when they did not have those exclusions. A 2005 Colnago Mix with Veloce that was $2400 minus 20% = $1920 plus S&H and a 2006 Kestrel Talon with full Ultegra that was $2000 minus 30% = $1400. Somehow, I only got charged $16 for the S&H for the Talon. Was charged $50 or so for the Mix. Couldn't figure it out but wasn't about to highlight myself. Anyhow, STP does occasionally have coupons that don't have the exclusions. Very rare these days though as far as I can tell.