RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

Continental Ultra Sport Foldable Clincher - $13.75

Darling of The Lounge
    Thanks for the 'heads up"...I just purchased a pair a few minutes ago. I don't really need tires right now, but that deal was too good to pass up.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    Send them this way! I just slashed my tire in half on a group ride...

Oh well...maybe they'll throw up the conti GP4000's soon...

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonnitro
    Send them this way! I just slashed my tire in half on a group ride...

Oh well...maybe they'll throw up the conti GP4000's soon...
    Those Ultras might be OK for a trainer, but not really the best tires--at least after you geet used to the ride of the GP4000s.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought some Ultras off SaC before and have to say that I'm very impressed. They are less than 1 ounce heavier than a GP4000 and are more durable. I'm not a racer but do a fair bit of downhill cornering and have not noted any lack of grip. Ride quality is good as well.

I give them 8/10 stars and 10/10 in terms of value. Trainer tire indeed.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessism
    I bought some Ultras off SaC before and have to say that I'm very impressed. They are less than 1 ounce heavier than a GP4000 and are more durable. I'm not a racer but do a fair bit of downhill cornering and have not noted any lack of grip. Ride quality is good as well.

I give them 8/10 stars and 10/10 in terms of value. Trainer tire indeed.
    Well I weigh 200 and have to pump the hell out of any 23cm tire. The GP4000s are the only ones that I keep thinking are going flat because the ride quality is so cushy. They also grip like crazy in a twisty, high speed descent. I've ridden the lower end Contis before and they are OK, but they don't have near the grip in corners and the ride quality is a lot harsher. If you live somewhere flat it might not really matter to you.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Darling of The Lounge

Thumbs up Steep and cheap...

and prompt too.

The UPS driver just delivered the tires to my door. UT to CA in 3 days via ground...not bad.