Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Catlike??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    They didn't copy it right, the holes don't match up.

If these do pass safety test (somebody should independently verify), go for it. If not, I wouldn't touch it either.

When you get it, please post pics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

What's in a name...

I would like to think that it is not that difficult to meet safety specifications for helmets given the amount of $15 helmets one can purchase at any discount department store. I am inclined to believe that Giro and others are making huge profits on their top end helmets and we the gullable public buy them because we often see the teams and premier riders endorsing them. When I look at my Atmos what I see is high density foam and plastic. Yes I'm sure there is a certain amount of R&D involved in the production, and that they have to recoup that cost... but if the Chinese can build quality electronics and just about everything else that you and I own, I tend to believe they can dismantle and imitate this high tech piece of equipment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    So I got it today. Will post pics a little later. First impressions were that its pretty light and the vents are in the same spots as the real Catlike Whisper. There are some things off though, but mostly it doesn't fit me at all! Way too big. It is a very wide helmet. Straps and padding are decent but if it fit I would really like it. Also came with a cheap plastic visor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    You haven't posted pictures?????

What the Hell is going on

Thread Dredge

I was curious and bought one when when my Giro Pneumo cracked. Overall impressions . . . the shape is more for someone with a square head. The straps weren't so easy to adjust and because of it's design you can't stick your sunglasses through the vents like the pros do when they're climbing Mt. Ventoux. Still, for $27 and some change it ain't bad.

I stuck the red "Kyosho" stickers to cover the holes left by the visor.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

banned
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    I was curious and bought one when when my Giro Pneumo cracked. Overall impressions . . . the shape is more for someone with a square head. The straps weren't so easy to adjust and because of it's design you can't stick your sunglasses through the vents like the pros do when they're climbing Mt. Ventoux. Still, for $27 and some change it ain't bad.

I stuck the red "Kyosho" stickers to cover the holes left by the visor.
    Then it might look similar to the catlike helmet, but the holes must be off because I'm able to put my sunglasses in the helmet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    yikes, how do you know they didn't just fake the certification?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12