RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

Fuji Arcadia value?

I'm fairly new to cycling (well, serious cycling anyway) and have been on the lookout for a reasonable road bike to get started in case I abandon the sport.

I picked up a Fuji Arcadia road bike at a yard sale for $15 yesterday. The seller thought it was purchased in the late 80s. The bike appears to be in good condition, just a little dusty. Is it worth spending the money and getting a tune-up and repairing the problems that may arise, or is the bike just too outdated to bother doing work on?

Any thoughts or basic information on this particular model would be greatly appreciated!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Decent Bike

I picked up one of these in back of a store, I mean REALLY, in the weeds. It was there for about 3 weeks. I have a Mongoose that I paid $75 for, and I JUST got the Arcadia up and running today. WOW! For a $240 list price bike, it shifts smooth, rides well, and is a really easy riding bike.
    Bikes are pretty easy, and it doesn't take much to tune one up. Spend an afternoon with it, a wrench and a screwdriver and you should have it running well.

I'm wishing now I hand't bought the Mongoose...