RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007

GVH Bikes: Awesome price on component gruppo

Or individual pieces.

I'm giving Tom at GVH Bikes a big thumbs up for my component group set.
    My shop wanted $400 to replace my broken Ultegra shifter and RD. For a few more benjamin, I got a complete top of the line group set at unbelivable price - hands down beating ebay and any online price.

http://www.gvhbikes.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    they do not take paypal and do not ship internationally

tom advices me to either give him my CC details or use a money order( which i have no experiences). how does a money order works?

well his prices are unbeatable

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    How good are his prices? I looked at the build prices, and super record is selling there for 2525 without wheels. On PBK it's going for 2393.
    I just finished a 6500km bike ride across Canada. I raised over $100 000 for kids with cancer. Read all about it: http://www.cyclingforcancer.ca

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Angry I tried but no go

I wanted a Rival or Force group for a build. I called gvh and got a message machine. I missed their return call but I called two more times and left messages.No more return calls.Maybe good prices but not good service. I bought elsewhere.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    I think GVH's Force Group price is excellent...Red is not all that great. Rival is competitive with what I've seen on eBay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by athletic91
    they do not take paypal and do not ship internationally

tom advices me to either give him my CC details or use a money order( which i have no experiences). how does a money order works?

well his prices are unbeatable
    Money orders are basically a prepaid pay checks. You can get them at any post office. There a fee depending on the amount (It's like $1.00 or so it's been a while since brought one). They max out at $1,000. So if you need to send more then a grand, you would have to purchase mulitple money orders.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    I ordered from him just recently. He returned calls and emails by the next day and kept me informed when my order as delayed. To get around him not using paypal I just used the paypal plug in to generate a secure card. Once the payment cleared I delete the card, that way there can be no abuse.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan
    I ordered from him just recently. He returned calls and emails by the next day and kept me informed when my order as delayed. To get around him not using paypal I just used the paypal plug in to generate a secure card. Once the payment cleared I delete the card, that way there can be no abuse.
    How did you use paypal to generate a secured card?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by athletic91
    How did you use paypal to generate a secured card?
    it is part of the paypal plugin. you can learn about it on the paypal site

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005
    Anyone know of any GVH coupons, free shipping, or anyway to use googlecheckout or some other method of payment to get a few % off? Want to order a force gruppo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclego
    I think GVH's Force Group price is excellent...Red is not all that great. Rival is competitive with what I've seen on eBay.
    Maybe I am missing something there, but the Force price seems pretty much the same as the Colorado cyclist kit.... ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

do the leg work.

You need to email him. He's quoted me a price substantially lower than that listed on the website.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

gvh is good stuff

tom set me up with a force build kit for my cyclocross ride. Good prices, good guy, good stuff. Couldn't be happier with the service and stuff.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Johnny
    Maybe I am missing something there, but the Force price seems pretty much the same as the Colorado cyclist kit.... ?
    It does