RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Louis Garneau clothing on bonktown..

Anyone try the 'Mondo' stuff that bonktown has been selling off? Looks like the higher end clothing from Louis Garneau. Jersey looks like a tight fit style. Can anyone comment on the quality and fit?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    how much is it?

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    I own a bunch of LG stuff and it's always been good quality.

I don't own any of their "high end" stuff, but I presume it's "better"?
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    LG is crap you all need to get out a bit.

banned
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage_Cycling View Post
    LG is crap you all need to get out a bit.
    Depends on what. I don't like a lot of their stuff. I do love their carbon ion, carbon ets jerseys however, as I've accumulated 6 of them over the past 5 or 6 years. The stuff I'm seeing on bonktown, I'm staying away from. I've had their bibs and I was unimpressed, and I have no need for a skin suit type jersey - my experience w/ LG's other jersey materials (besides the carbon ion/ets stuff is they rip and pull very easily.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Corsa bibs

Quote Originally Posted by gibson00 View Post
    Anyone try the 'Mondo' stuff that bonktown has been selling off? Looks like the higher end clothing from Louis Garneau. Jersey looks like a tight fit style. Can anyone comment on the quality and fit?
    I picked up the Corsa bibs on Bonktown last month. Fit and quality are good but I've only done a couple of 25 mile rides with them and so I can't say how comfortable they'd be on a long ride

Older and a little slower
    I wear their stuff. For me it is a great fit, and wears really well. I got almost 3 seasons from a kit that I wear and wash every time. The bibs need replacing and but the carbon ion is still going strong. I love the jersey. I can walk and feel air through it, yet with a base layer I am comfy into the 40's. My group and another of the bike shops use LG custom for their team kits.
    “Well, the bike racer is not that ferocious to look at, and lets face it, skeletal level of skinniness, also, the clothing is pretty odd”
    Bob Roll – 2011 Tour de France

Har
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    Same here, LOVE LG stuff, well at least the shorts. Being tall and thin, the Neo Power Shorts and Bibs are WINNERS for me. The ONLY long inseam lycra short i can find. The medium L.G. NEO POWER = 34 inch USA waist has a 11.5 inch inseam. Most shorts i have compared to are 9.5 inch leg. I have been weaing this brand for the last 6 years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm a noob but after trying on a gazillion helmets, I found a higher-end LG to be the most comfortable and coolest (as in not hot) one of the bunch. The LBS dude said they make good stuff. *shrugs*

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson00 View Post
    The quality is very good

RoadBikeReview Member
    I really like the LG stuff. I have a decent amount of their clothing and have nothing bad to say about it. Good quality.

I picked up on Bonktown as well LG Corsa Bibs and Jersey, Mondo Bib and Jersey and the ECS LS thermo jersy. So far I've only worn the Mondo bibs and the LS jersey.

Fit is tight against the body which is very different from all the other cycling gear I own so it may take a bit to get use to the new feel. Originally I ordered everything in a size large (I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and the bibs were so tight in the thighs I could barely get them on - exchanged everything for XL. Fit is nice - definitely tight fitting. The only negative I can say is I really wish the Mondo jersey was a full zipper and not a 3/4 zipper.

Check Amazon for pricing as well,

Michael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

all the same?

Quote Originally Posted by KMan View Post
    I really like the LG stuff. I have a decent amount of their clothing and have nothing bad to say about it. Good quality.

I picked up on Bonktown as well LG Corsa Bibs and Jersey, Mondo Bib and Jersey and the ECS LS thermo jersy. So far I've only worn the Mondo bibs and the LS jersey.

Fit is tight against the body which is very different from all the other cycling gear I own so it may take a bit to get use to the new feel. Originally I ordered everything in a size large (I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and the bibs were so tight in the thighs I could barely get them on - exchanged everything for XL. Fit is nice - definitely tight fitting. The only negative I can say is I really wish the Mondo jersey was a full zipper and not a 3/4 zipper.

Check Amazon for pricing as well,

Michael
    Did all the bibs fit about the same? I am 6'2" 185lbs (about 10 of that excess) and I felt the L Corsa bibs were fine. Wondering if the others fit different.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Did all the bibs fit about the same? I am 6'2" 185lbs (about 10 of that excess) and I felt the L Corsa bibs were fine. Wondering if the others fit different.
    Both bib fit about the same - uppers fit fine for me - it's just they were much to tight in my thighs.....and I don't think of myself as having larger than normal thighs - maybe I do. I had the same issue with a pair of De Soto 400 bib shorts I ordered a few weeks ago. Ordered a size large and they were too damn tight in the thighs for me as well.

Lately I've just been ordering everything in a L and XL and returning the one that doesn't fit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Not really sure why some are knocking the LG stuff, teams on TdF uses them.
    It's got no silicone gripper and only rely on compression which is hard to find and comfortable.
    Chamois has got carbon threads and the bib straps are wide and do not bunch.
    riding a century I almost always pick this one.

The jersey I do no like too much because they are on the loose side, sizing down kind of solves the problem but not always, and you can even see this on catalogs or TdF riders. Except for the mondo jersey which is basically spandex. Obviously the white would be a bit see through and it is also not ideal for those of us without the perfect sillouette

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've had great luck with their gloves, which seem to fit true to size.

-D

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've noticed lately that many companies sizing have gotten crazy. I've always been an XL in gloves. I just bought some Gore Radiator gloves and had to get a size XXXL....yea, that's not a typo - XXXL with 3 X's. Most of my regular clothing I'm a size Medium with a Large thrown in every once in a while. Sporting wear I'm always a Large and XL with a new XXXL thrown in.

Michael