Velocipediologist

New Old Stock 50mm carbon tubulars for $400 / wheelset

I was checking out Bdopcycling.com's clearance section and saw these wheels.

They are built with Gigantex rims which are very solid.
    The spokes are Sapim CX Rays (one of the best)
    Novatec hubs (very good hubs, I own some)

I bought from Tim in the past. He's a good guy. Been in the industry for years.
    Shipping for built wheels isn't too bad coming from Taiwan. Shipping on smaller boxes from Taiwan is very cheap. I don't know how, but it is.
    The shipping prices can be seen with each item on his sight.
    It is delivered by your friendly postal letter carrier. It arrives tax / duty / tariff free.

He accepts PayWow so there's no worries. If your kit goes down with a sinking ship in the Pacific PayPlow give back your cash. It actually comes by air and is very fast considering.

He gives a year warranty on wheels as I remember. The only precaution; ask him where the brake trac is on the rims. Some Gigantex rims have a lowered brake trac. Many companies still make carbon rims this way. Some people don't care for the lowered brake trac design. Some seem to like it.
    If they are the lowered trac design, Tim sells brake pad holders for people having difficulty getting their brake pads to reach that low.

BDop Cycling Co

Clearance
    Last edited by metoou2; 12-21-2012 at 10:11 PM.