RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

PBK has Campy Chorus Groupos in Stock

Want to share this w/ you guys since I just bought one. I just got an email that Pro Bike Kit just received a little number of Campy Chorus 2009 Groupsets in stock. These are English BB, 172.5mm cranks, and 39/53 chainrings. The price cannot be beat for $934.61 shipped to the USA. Use coupon code USARBR for an additional 5% off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Did the dollar just take a huge nosedive against the pound (it didn't), or did PBK hike their prices on Campy groups in the 5 hours since this post? I just checked and the price for Chorus 11-Speed groups is $1226! All the Campy groups are way more expensive than they were the last time I checked. What gives?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Ouch! That sucks. I have no idea why they did that. Only guess is that they did not have the carbon Centaur groupos up on the site before today and now they do. The price of the carbon Centaur is the price of what the Chorus group used to be. They jacked up the price of Chorus b/c they could not price both lines the same. Like I said, its a guess.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjw
    Did the dollar just take a huge nosedive against the pound (it didn't), or did PBK hike their prices on Campy groups in the 5 hours since this post? I just checked and the price for Chorus 11-Speed groups is $1226! All the Campy groups are way more expensive than they were the last time I checked. What gives?
    They had to, it seem componet prices have gone up tremendously. When I set up notification on the Campy Chorus group it was a little over 900 and now its 1200+. Also I looked at he Dura-Ace 7800 crankset and it's now over 400. Ouch PBK. Sidi shoes have gone up a little, but on Chain Reaction and Wiggle they in the 300's for Genuis 6.6 and Ergo 2's.
    '07 Orbea Onix TDF (Ultegra)
    '08 Orbea Aqua (Ultegra)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Is that true? I know Campagnolo has had to eat some crow regarding their ridiculous US pricing and have DROPPED prices 10-15% across the board stateside, which makes it... still outrageously expensive.

On the UK front, Shiny Bikes and Total Cycling's Campy pricing hasn't gone up and the Campy wheelsets on PBK are still at the same level they were previously. Something seems odd. PBK's price for Dura Ace 7900 now looks like a positively good deal at $1600ish...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Give it a day or 2. The prices on several sites in the uk have jumped today. It will go back down.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BullzeyeNJ
    Want to share this w/ you guys since I just bought one. I just got an email that Pro Bike Kit just received a little number of Campy Chorus 2009 Groupsets in stock. These are English BB, 172.5mm cranks, and 39/53 chainrings. The price cannot be beat for $934.61 shipped to the USA. Use coupon code USARBR for an additional 5% off.
    Thanks for the heads up and the code