Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    I bought a wheelset from pbk.ca
    Smooth transaction, 2 weeks delivery from their warehouse in Spain to Canada. It's quite good considering the holidays.

Very happy with the experience.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2016
    I also bought a 5800 crankset for 75 dollars, in December, free shipping. Took eleven business days for me in Minnesota.
    I'm a runner but sometimes I bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    so far so good ! I ordered some tires and tubes on March 22nd... they arrived yesterday. pretty good !

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by idun View Post
    so far so good ! I ordered some tires and tubes on March 22nd... they arrived yesterday. pretty good !
    Can't much really go wrong with such a simple order that would ship safely in a plastic bag... I am assuming you didn't deal with customer service on any level.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sooni View Post
    Can't much really go wrong with such a simple order that would ship safely in a plastic bag...
    that's for sure !

this is the second time I do business with them... I did ordered a complete wheelset a few months back, and the overall exprience was good. Costumer service was ok... I made a mistake in my shipping address (dah), I had to cancel and redo the order, they made a price match. can't complain.

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Better than my experience:

My credit card got hijacked and drained at a bunch of businesses in the UK (Probikekit is based there.. coincidence?), and they sent me a wheelset with the skewers sticking out the sides of the box. It 3 months to get a refund even though I refused the package.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sooni View Post
    Better than my experience:

My credit card got hijacked and drained at a bunch of businesses in the UK (Probikekit is based there.. coincidence?), and they sent me a wheelset with the skewers sticking out the sides of the box. It 3 months to get a refund even though I refused the package.
    i guess i got lucky (twice)

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by idun View Post
    i guess i got lucky (twice)
    Did you get the employee discount too?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I've placed 5 orders from ProBikeKit over the past three years and have received all 5 with no problems. The orders consisted of several chains, a cassette, and a wheelset. Usually it takes a bit longer to receive the orders from the UK to the US like 1 or 2 weeks, but the wheelset only took 5 business days, which is comparable to a U.S. seller's delivery times. And the prices were far better than what U.S. sellers can afford to offer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    anyone here ever bought a wheelset from PBK shipped to US ? how are they shipping it ?
    did you have to pay extra?

Matnlely Dregaend
    Quote Originally Posted by nismosr View Post
    anyone here ever bought a wheelset from PBK shipped to US ? how are they shipping it ?
    did you have to pay extra?
    I've bought three Campy wheelsets from them, all on separate orders, specifically because they didn't charge shipping. They all came in a nice cardboard box, no damage to any of the wheels in transit for me. I have bought a lot of other things from them over the past 10 years, only once did I get the wrong product (European size large bibs instead of XL, which is an American size small I think...). Even in that case the packaging said size XL and the bibs were L, so probably a return item that was repackaged (that is a little yucky I admit).
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I have been a PBK customer for 12 yrs but no more
    Sent me the wrong crankset,I sent it back with a receipt for OZpost and asked for refund
    Instead they sent me another crank--later admitted their mistake but would not refund me the first shipping b/c I did not have receipt( b/c I sent it to them !!!)
    Their returns process is terrible,cumbersome.
    I am not going to risk sending this crank back--I will sell it here and accept the loss
    They have an awful lot of negative review on Trust Pilot as well. so beware.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just bought 3 jerseys from them in their 3 for 190 deal. Got them in about a week with no issues. If I had issues like the last poster (crank arm) I would have gotten in touch with my bank (credit card). Things usually change in a hurry when you file a claim with them.
    Swim away fugu fish, swim away!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456