Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    I bought a wheelset from pbk.ca
    Smooth transaction, 2 weeks delivery from their warehouse in Spain to Canada. It's quite good considering the holidays.

Very happy with the experience.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2016
    I also bought a 5800 crankset for 75 dollars, in December, free shipping. Took eleven business days for me in Minnesota.
    I like to ride fast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    so far so good ! I ordered some tires and tubes on March 22nd... they arrived yesterday. pretty good !

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by idun View Post
    so far so good ! I ordered some tires and tubes on March 22nd... they arrived yesterday. pretty good !
    Can't much really go wrong with such a simple order that would ship safely in a plastic bag... I am assuming you didn't deal with customer service on any level.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sooni View Post
    Can't much really go wrong with such a simple order that would ship safely in a plastic bag...
    that's for sure !

this is the second time I do business with them... I did ordered a complete wheelset a few months back, and the overall exprience was good. Costumer service was ok... I made a mistake in my shipping address (dah), I had to cancel and redo the order, they made a price match. can't complain.

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Better than my experience:

My credit card got hijacked and drained at a bunch of businesses in the UK (Probikekit is based there.. coincidence?), and they sent me a wheelset with the skewers sticking out the sides of the box. It 3 months to get a refund even though I refused the package.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sooni View Post
    Better than my experience:

My credit card got hijacked and drained at a bunch of businesses in the UK (Probikekit is based there.. coincidence?), and they sent me a wheelset with the skewers sticking out the sides of the box. It 3 months to get a refund even though I refused the package.
    i guess i got lucky (twice)

sooni
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by idun View Post
    i guess i got lucky (twice)
    Did you get the employee discount too?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I've placed 5 orders from ProBikeKit over the past three years and have received all 5 with no problems. The orders consisted of several chains, a cassette, and a wheelset. Usually it takes a bit longer to receive the orders from the UK to the US like 1 or 2 weeks, but the wheelset only took 5 business days, which is comparable to a U.S. seller's delivery times. And the prices were far better than what U.S. sellers can afford to offer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    anyone here ever bought a wheelset from PBK shipped to US ? how are they shipping it ?
    did you have to pay extra?

Matnlely Dregaend
    Quote Originally Posted by nismosr View Post
    anyone here ever bought a wheelset from PBK shipped to US ? how are they shipping it ?
    did you have to pay extra?
    I've bought three Campy wheelsets from them, all on separate orders, specifically because they didn't charge shipping. They all came in a nice cardboard box, no damage to any of the wheels in transit for me. I have bought a lot of other things from them over the past 10 years, only once did I get the wrong product (European size large bibs instead of XL, which is an American size small I think...). Even in that case the packaging said size XL and the bibs were L, so probably a return item that was repackaged (that is a little yucky I admit).
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I have been a PBK customer for 12 yrs but no more
    Sent me the wrong crankset,I sent it back with a receipt for OZpost and asked for refund
    Instead they sent me another crank--later admitted their mistake but would not refund me the first shipping b/c I did not have receipt( b/c I sent it to them !!!)
    Their returns process is terrible,cumbersome.
    I am not going to risk sending this crank back--I will sell it here and accept the loss
    They have an awful lot of negative review on Trust Pilot as well. so beware.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just bought 3 jerseys from them in their 3 for 190 deal. Got them in about a week with no issues. If I had issues like the last poster (crank arm) I would have gotten in touch with my bank (credit card). Things usually change in a hurry when you file a claim with them.
    Swim away fugu fish, swim away!

Troll-ish....
    Been waiting 1 month for a pair of Paris-Roubaix tubulars. They can't tell me where my tires are. Calling the credit card company tomorrow.

I've had good luck with Ribble and Chain Reaction before, and I've had things shipped from Belgium, Poland, and even China that took less time to ship! Will never order from these people again.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Their website is deceiving as it says stuff in stock and "generally" ships in 24 hours.. if you want it FAST you may want to reconsider.. I placed an order from there on Sep 26 with the hopes it would ship the next day (I'm in the process of trying to finish off my CX bike build and needed the parts ASAP.. I had the option to just order from a place in the USA, but they wouldn't have shipped for 5 days after order date, and seeing the dispatch in 24 hrs deal.. I ordered from PBkit).. nothing moved at all for 3 days.. and although they are located in the UK, the original shipping origin is Spain and they use a company called Trakpak.. Trakpak then just diverts me to Canada Post. So finally a week after I ordered it... it finally says its left Europe for Canada... I know right now Canada customs is taking their sweet time clearing stuff as well because I have a set of wheels that have been sitting in Montreal for 5 days now and not cleared... Thanksgiving holiday here on Monday as well, so I am guessing I may be lucky to get it in 2.5 weeks total... doesn't sound like much but I could have had the stuff already from the USA and been racing my bike this weekend instead of sitting for probably another week until parts arrive..

Some of this isn't their fault (ie customs, hte package hasnt even arrived in Canada, so who knows how much time it will sit there in limbo) My point is if you want something FAST you may want to reconsider ordering from there.. if you don't care if it takes 2-3+ weeks to show up, then hey, the prices are great...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017

Dont Use this Vendor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by respro View Post
    I've read a few negative comments about probikekit. They've got a pretty good deal on some tires and a free tube if you spend over $50.00. I've looked all over and can't find a better price of these tires. Is probikekit a bad company that I should stay away from?
    Thanks, Tyler
    These people are terrible. Before I placed my order it said "usually ships within 24 hours", right after I place the order a new message says "estimated to ship within 6 to 9 business days", so I immediately hit CANCEL. It says that the order can not be canceled (why have a cancel button?), so I write to customer service so that they can cancel my order. 30 minutes later I get an email that says that the order has shipped, this is suspicious considering I placed the order at 2 am on a Monday UK time. The next day customer support writes back that they cant cancel because it has shipped, yeah right!!!... 20 later the order HAS NOT ARRIVED, even though they are past the estimated delivery date. I call customer support again and they answer that I need to give it more time. Then I call again and ask for a supervisor, they say he or she is busy and that I will get a call back, they never called.
    I have already called my bank and I am declining the payment. NEVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE, go to Ebay or Amazon and you can get the same price from a reliable company.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017

Stay Away!

These people are terrible. Before I placed my order it said "usually ships within 24 hours", right after I place the order a new message says "estimated to ship within 6 to 9 business days", so I immediately hit CANCEL. It says that the order can not be canceled (why have a cancel button?), so I write to customer service so that they can cancel my order. 30 minutes later I get an email that says that the order has shipped, this is suspicious considering I placed the order at 2 am on a Monday UK time. The next day customer support writes back that they cant cancel because it has shipped, yeah right!!!... 20 later the order HAS NOT ARRIVED, even though they are past the estimated delivery date. I call customer support again and they answer that I need to give it more time. Then I call again and ask for a supervisor, they say he or she is busy and that I will get a call back, they never called.
    I have already called my bank and I am declining the payment. NEVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE, go to Ebay or Amazon and you can get the same price from a reliable company.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456