Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012

Probikekit.com yes or no?

I've read a few negative comments about probikekit. They've got a pretty good deal on some tires and a free tube if you spend over $50.00. I've looked all over and can't find a better price of these tires. Is probikekit a bad company that I should stay away from?
    Thanks, Tyler

Pooped a refrigerator.
    You'll see a lot of feedback about this company in the Hot Deals subforum. PBK was recently bought out, so they've had a shaky transitional process, and their shipping warehouse has apparently changed. I've noticed that orders now take longer than usual. It's not uncommon to wait a month for your order to arrive if you live in the United States. However, it does appear that they still uphold decent customer service if you're not completely satisfied with your experience. Given the circumstances, I think you'd still find a better overall value shopping at Wiggle or Ribble.

Windrider (Stubborn)

Probikekit.com yes or no?

I've had very predictable service from PBK. Delivery is lays 8-10 work days from order......even during the transition.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SauronHimself View Post
    You'll see a lot of feedback about this company in the Hot Deals subforum. PBK was recently bought out, so they've had a shaky transitional process, and their shipping warehouse has apparently changed. I've noticed that orders now take longer than usual. It's not uncommon to wait a month for your order to arrive if you live in the United States. However, it does appear that they still uphold decent customer service if you're not completely satisfied with your experience. Given the circumstances, I think you'd still find a better overall value shopping at Wiggle or Ribble.
    just how often do you shop with them so you can categorize shipping times into common/uncommon etc?
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Good experiences here as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by respro View Post
    I've read a few negative comments about probikekit. They've got a pretty good deal on some tires and a free tube if you spend over $50.00. I've looked all over and can't find a better price of these tires. Is probikekit a bad company that I should stay away from?
    Thanks, Tyler
    I have bought many things from PBK in the past. My last order took almost a month to get here. Wiggle on the other hand is great. Most order get to my house in less than a week. I'll only use wiggle from here on out. Lots of complaints about PBK lately and it's not just from this forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    If it is a great deal and you can wait, I see no reason to not order. They are not a scam site and you will get your product. I have had no issues with them.
    Embrace the fact that everyone on these forums has their own unique desires, needs, experiences and environment so what works for you may not work for others.

Token Sprinter
    If you have time to sit around and wait for your order to arrive then saving some money and going with PBK is fine. I ordered a pair of Rubino Pro's that shipped from Sweden(??) and took over 2 weeks to arrive. That being said, I got them for much cheaper than I otherwise would have at different stores.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Horrible experience with them myself.

I placed an order that never showed up. Which is fine, sht happens.
    But, the problem was I could not get them to respond to my emails inquiring about it, which is not fine. This went on for a couple weeks and it was well after the period of time they say to wait before an order can be considered lost.

I eventually was able to do some heavy googling and came up with the email of a specific individual in a position of authority there and he was actually pretty good about getting me a refund. But it didn't make up for headache getting to that point.

I also found it funny that the day after I ordered the bibshorts they were out of stock. Sure, I may have gotten the last medium size but what are the odds xs though xl size in some relatively obscure brand bib shorts all sell out on the same day? I suspect they sold me an item they never had, yet confimed it was shipped. I even could have handled that but again ignoring inquiries just didn't cut it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Interesting info in here. I wasnt aware that PBK had been bought. I've previously bought from them but I'll probably steer clear in the future.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    I've had decent experiences but I used all my reward points on my last order and won't be going back due to loooong shipping times, half the time you order a sale/ clearance item it's not is stock, and although they have always made it right, the process was never fast enough for my satisfaction (wait 3 weeks for delivery to call us, then wait 30 business days to make sure it wasn't held in customs, then get refunded in 8-10 business days...)

Sluggo
    Go for it. I've had great luck with PBK in the past. Orders arrived within a week or two. It seems that not everyone has been as fortunate. So, order what you need, just be sure you don't need it in a hurry.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My last order which was about 3-4 months ago took atleast 3 weeks in delivery.

The shipping didn't have the tracking so when it's shipping internationally, I was a bit uneasy when it got past 3 weeks if the the package was lost or something. But I believe I saw in their website lately that you can get tracking with atleast $50 of total purchase. So that's an improvement.

I read somewhere that their discounts are not as good as before. They used to give a lot of extra 10% to 20% off but not lately. But then again I haven't been shopping with them since my last order. I've been checking wiggle first lately.

RoadBikeReview Member
    As mentioned PBK is not a scam website. It has had 1) a general decline in service - delivery times and customer service with delivery issues, 2) some significant shipping and quality control issues.

If you don't run into issues price, delivery, and service will be good. If you do, it can range from minor to major.

The question you have to ask is "do I want to take that risk?" That's up to you. I have, but only when I didn't need the items anytime soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    I've ordered from them about 1/2 dozen times, but about 2 years ago.

I ordered a couple of tires and some tubes yesterday and immediately got a confirmation email, and within about 4 hours got another email that said the order had been shipped. In the past it took consistently between 5 and 10 business days from order to receipt in the far NW of the US. From the emails I received, I'm optimistic they'll meet this schedule again, but time will tell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    had to file a dispute to get my money back since i didnt receive my package 45 days after i ordered. ordered 4 tires from them...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Worst mail order experience ever. Well documented on this forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I've used them in the past. Shipping was slower but it got here. They are my least favourite from the U.K sites

RoadBikeReview Member
    No, for now.

Shipping takes 20 to 25 calendar days to central USA. Used to be no more than 6 to 8. I'll go back after I read a few months worth of reports saying that delivery times have returned to the good old days of PBK.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've ordered from them numerous times. Some orders took longer than others (3 weeks vs 2 weeks) but I always received what I ordered. Good prices, especially on Campy, compared to those in the U.S. I have no reservation in ordering from them again.
    If you focus on the past, you will never see the future.

Every day I wake up is a good day!

"I don't need another bike"
    - Anonymous

RoadBikeReview Member
    “Life may not be about your bike, but it sure can help you get through it.”

"Yes, you can call me a slightly opinionated retro grouch."

My only fear in facing death, is that there may not be a bike for me to ride on the other side.

RoadBikeReview Member
    From this thread you can definitely conclude:

1. You WILL have a problem with PBK
    2. You WILL NOT have a problem with PBK.

People are adamant about this!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by respro View Post
    Thanks, Tyler
    In the past I never had a issue with them
    Last edited by mtor; 07-04-2013 at 03:56 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Shimano cassette and 2 tubeless tires. Free shipping and add'l 15% off. Ordered yesterday and email confirmation that it was dispatched today. Let's see how this new pbk handles this order and how long it takes for it to arrive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    only thing is they're in europe, god forbid anything goes wrong you gotta ship back long distance. customer service effin non existent, lol. but their delivery's pretty good, i have gotten some really dynamite stuff from them for next to nothing, first rate gear and components at best price anywhere once it goes on sale. just have to sweat the ship from europe, but otherwise good to go.

again, GREAT prices on sale and clearance. but if you see it and want it, dont hesitate their deals sell out QUICK

two thumbs up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast